Pioneer with no audio

A

Albie

Audiophyte
I have a Pioneer AV Receiver VSX-522-k that has been working great, until last night. My daughter's dog stepped on the remote and now there is no audio for the TV. We have audio for everything else on the receiver. The cable box has been checked and everything works fine there. Any solutions?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The input type was probably changed. Be sure it's set to auto or whatever the input type is (ARC HDMI, Optical, Coaxial, or Analog).

A

Albie

Audiophyte
The input type was probably changed. Be sure it's set to auto or whatever the input type is (ARC HDMI, Optical, Coaxial, or Analog).
Thanks, Seth, but that was checked also. We're running HDMI. Weird thing is when we hit the speaker button on the remote you can hear the sound switching on and off.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
How do you mean you can hear the sound switching on and off? You mean you can hear the relay in the receiver clicking on and off?

If you can hear all other sources accept for the Television then it must be a setting that you're overlooking. Most receivers allow the user to make individual settings for each input so they don't have to toggle through different modes each time you switch to a different device.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I deal with this question about 2 to 3 times a year :eek:

Look for the "signal select" button on your remote. Put the AVR on the source where you are having the problem and then press the "signal select" button until you get your sound back.

Took me a long time to figure it out the first time it happened to me.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I deal with this question about 2 to 3 times a year :eek:

Look for the "signal select" button on your remote. Put the AVR on the source where you are having the problem and then press the "signal select" button until you get your sound back.

Took me a long time to figure it out the first time it happened to me.
Signal select, yes, that is the phrase I was looking for, not input type.

I said it first, but you said it better (meaning comprehensible) ;)

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I have a VSX 523, and your issue is most probably the "signal select". Good luck.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have a VSX 523, and your issue is most probably the "signal select". Good luck.
Yup, this general vintage of Pios are notorious for being a bit of a steep learning curve. That problem gave me a headache for probably a full day before I finally figured it out! I have the VSX-82txs

Even now, about once a year, the GF will accidentally hit that button (in fact, I think it may be mapped to a button on my universal remote), then she will freak out when she can't get sound. Then, I fix it in 2 seconds.

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
The input type was probably changed.
Look for the "signal select" button on your remote.
signal select, yes, that is the phrase I was looking for, not input type.
I'm gonna totally go out on a limb here and say...

it might be the signal select button got pressed...

Don't quote me on that though...

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Definitely Not Bizarro_Stormy said:
I'm gonna totally go out on a limb here and say...

it might be the signal select button got pressed...

Don't quote me on that though...
Does this work? :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis