Pioneer VSX-1015TX and VSX-52TX

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Different markets

Yamaha rebadges it's receivers for different markets. They aren't pulling the wool over anyones eyes. It seems Pioneer is a little more stealthy. Anyhow, more power to them with the pricing they offer. I know my Pioneer car head unit sounds heads and tails above the next best head units - Alpines, IMHO. With so many offerings, it's getting confusing out there. Marantz SR8400 vs Pioneer VSX9100TX vs Pioneer 1015. Where does it end?

www.fotoconnection.com/viewitem.php?IndexID=11015&RefTag=nextag

Dumar

Audioholic
Did some quick looking around (cause I've been saving loons for the 56TXi) and it seems like the 9300TX is quite a bit different than the 56TXi based on the limited information I found.

For example, there's no mention of iLink or USB on the 9300TX, which is an important issue for me. They weigh in differently as well: 9300TX @ 40 Lbs, 56TXi @ 45 Lbs. What happened to the five pounds? :confused: The 56TXi has a 15 Lb power supply backed up by 27,000 uF and a heavy duty build, so maybe they trimmed back in this regard. It also looks like the 56TXi offers Pioneer's "Advanced MCACC" as opposed to just "MCACC" on the 9300TX. Guess we'll have to wait for more info from Pioneer. :(

Having said all that, I see the 9300TX is on sale right now at http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/538184344 for 899.00 including shipping. That's about $600.00 less than the 56TXi.

Let's see ... that works out to just over $100/Lb savings. Not bad, eh? ;)

Last edited:
J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
Arg!!

I notice Vanns is trying to bundle this with a Bose Accoustmas system. Isn't that like buying a Chevy Tahoe with a 4 cyl?

Dumar

Audioholic
Bird said:
I notice Vanns is trying to bundle this with a Bose Accoustmas system. Isn't that like buying a Chevy Tahoe with a 4 cyl?
Ya, I noticed that too. They got no class at all. :eek:

S

SkyFlyinBy

Enthusiast
It depends on which specs you read and who you trust. I have seen the USB port on the 9300 several places, I have also seen the claimed weight of the 9300 to be the same as the 56txi, and have seen it claimed less. As for I link, that it does not have. Everything else seems to be there: dual processors, 12v trigger, extra shielding, usb port, has the same remote as the 56txi, I thought I read it had the advanced MCACC on one site (I know it mentioned 7 band EQ or whatever, so I would guess that's the advanced MCACC right?). Until/If I hear back from pioneer we won't know for sure, but I think it is only lacking I link...

Dumar said:
Did some quick looking around (cause I've been saving loons for the 56TXi) and it seems like the 9300TX is quite a bit different than the 56TXi based on the limited information I found.

For example, there's no mention of iLink or USB on the 9300TX, which is an important issue for me. They weigh in differently as well: 9300TX @ 40 Lbs, 56TXi @ 45 Lbs. What happened to the five pounds? :confused: The 56TXi has a 15 Lb power supply backed up by 27,000 uF and a heavy duty build, so maybe they trimmed back in this regard. It also looks like the 56TXi offers Pioneer's "Advanced MCACC" as opposed to just "MCACC" on the 9300TX. Guess we'll have to wait for more info from Pioneer. :(

Having said all that, I see the 9300TX is on sale right now at http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/538184344 for 899.00 including shipping. That's about $600.00 less than the 56TXi.

Let's see ... that works out to just over $100/Lb savings. Not bad, eh? ;)

M

mawst95

Audioholic Intern
These are really the phantom receivers. Does pioneer even know they made them? I did see an open box 56txi for 899.00 and an open box 55txi for 699.99 (both most likely negotiable). Too bad they were out of my price range...

R

rumble

Audioholic
SkyFlyinBy said:
It depends on which specs you read and who you trust. I have seen the USB port on the 9300 several places, I have also seen the claimed weight of the 9300 to be the same as the 56txi, and have seen it claimed less. As for I link, that it does not have. Everything else seems to be there: dual processors, 12v trigger, extra shielding, usb port, has the same remote as the 56txi, I thought I read it had the advanced MCACC on one site (I know it mentioned 7 band EQ or whatever, so I would guess that's the advanced MCACC right?). Until/If I hear back from pioneer we won't know for sure, but I think it is only lacking I link...
I think I read somewhere that the advanced MCACC was only available on the dual processor models because it required the extra processing power.

C

cuse4284

Enthusiast
i think the 9100 and 9300 are both part of a new line from pioneer. i've seen on some websites that they were released may 2005. hopefully pioneer will have so info on their site soon.

M

mawst95

Audioholic Intern
I don't know about that. The reason being is that the 9100 has 40mhz bandwidth component in's and only 2 of them. In contrast, the 1015tx, which IS new (and cheaper) has 3 in and 100mhz bandwidth. Why would you take a step back on a more expensive model if it was indeed newer. I think these are just dumbed down elites for stores that don't sell elite (ie best buy).

S

SkyFlyinBy

Enthusiast
From what I've heard, there is no bennefit from high bandwidth component hookups? And secondly, the 9100 and 9300 have other offerings that make them interesting over the 1015. They have better processors etc.

M

mawst95

Audioholic Intern
On paper, I agree they have some superior features, I'm just saying I think the bandwidth and # of component inputs indicates that they are not newer (2005) items.

C

cuse4284

Enthusiast
sent pioneer an email. hopefully they can straighten this out.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Xsound said:
Why would you lose faith in the elite line? While the 1014/1015 and the 52 share some internal components, there are some differences in features in addition to the cosmetics. There isn't an counterpart for the Elite 54, 56, 59 in the regular line. It isn't uncommon for there to be some crossover between the high-end of the basic line and the entry level of the high-end line.
Have you checked out the VSX9300TX yet?

C

cuse4284

Enthusiast
my question to pioneer:

I recently came across a few stores that sell a Pioneer VSX9100TX and VSX9300TX. However, most of the information and specs on them differed from store to store. I was wondering if you could give me the specs for each receiver as they seem to be absent from your website. Also, are they newer models and is this why they are difficult to find detailed information on? Thank you.

their response (after several days):

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Customer Service with your inquiry.

In order to assist you, we will need to speak with you directly. Please call Pioneer Customer Service at (800) 421-1404, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 6:00 AM and 4:30 PM Pacific time.

Sincerely
PIONEER CUSTOMER SERVICE

seems like something is a little weird about these receivers. dont feel like going through the trouble of calling them about it, but i would stay away from both models.

ldone

ldone

Audiophyte
Was able to land a 1014 in unopened box at BB on clearance.
That may be available in many places at that price or better.

$319

S.R. Johnson

S.R. Johnson

Junior Audioholic
i for one can not wait to get my hands on a pioneer 1015!!!! :D :D :D

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
I have a 1015tx

I bought this online for 370.00 plus shipping and it came to a total of 393.00 shipped. As far as the THD% Its actually the same as the Elite 52tx. If you look at the manual, you will see the 1015 at the lower rated watts of the 52 is actually .09 at 110 watts. With the bump up to 120 watts it does add more THD. But I will say that I never run my equipment at full blast anyway. It has plenty of power, and I probably wouldn't use any more than 100 watts. I had the money to get either one of these and chose the 1015 for the main reason of THX Select2. And the DSP sound modes that accompany it. I have a home theater with a Optoma projector on a 120" screen. As of now I am using only a 5.1 set-up. But do have a quality 7.1 set-up on the way. I really like the sound mode of enhanced dialogue. It works very well. Basically it allows for the voice to come out slightly in the front speakers as well as the center. But it does not come out the surround speakes like 7 channel stereo. The remote is nice, but a little to packed with unneccesary buttons. Not a problem for me with a Pronto TSU3000. (Probably will go to the 7000) The MCACC works great but like most people who like to tinker I changed around the settings. The MCACC is fairly accurate on the speaker distance, size, level, and the auto eq settings. It did say my subwoofer was about 1 foot farther than it actually is, but I do have a weak sub, with a low SPL rating (84 or 85spl). So actually speaker (sub) is not very efficient. The sub amp is ok, and I have about 6 subwoofers on their way to try different speakers. Some Rockford Fosgates, Bazooka, Infinity. And I will see which will be more efficient. The ones I picked all have at least a 90 spl rating or better. Setting the crossover at 100hz does give the system a fuller sound, rather than the THX specifics of 80hz. (could mainly be my speakers) The 1015tx does seem to work well with movies and music. But does favor music just a tad more. I could just be to anal on the sound for my movies (1300 of them). Movies on this sound GREAT, and music sounds Terriffic. I do not know if there would be a better music sounding reciever than this, specially for the features of this price range. Music in movies sounds just as good a cd's as well. (cd's played on a dvd player) Also I have a bit of advice on a DVD player= The NeuNeo HVD2081 is great. Much better than the Samsung HD841. Both are upconverting high definition players. Back to the 1015tx, I have only had this for a week. So I am still experimenting with it. But as for now, I really feel I went the correct route (over the 52tx) You by no means can go wrong with it for the price (nothing as of now comes close for these features)

Last edited:
D

dponeill

Junior Audioholic
I'll have my 9300 Monday. I'll try to post some impressions soon after that.

Dennis

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis