Pioneer speakers @ Newegg

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Newegg labor day sale on pioneer speakers -
Newegg.com - Official Newegg Promo Codes, Coupon Code, Coupons, Discounts, Promotions, Free Shipping Codes

Pioneer SP-FS51-LR Floorstanding Speakers Pair: $119.99

Pioneer SP-BS41-LR 2CH Bookshelf Loudspeakers Pair: $99.99

Pioneer SP-C21 Center Channel Speaker Each: $49.99
The prices are OK, but AJ's 2012 models offer significant improvements with only very modest increases in prices

SP-BS22-LR - Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers, re-engineered for 2012 | Pioneer Electronics USA
SP-FS52 - Andrew Jones Designed Floorstanding Loudspeakers, re-engineered for 2012 | Pioneer Electronics USA
SP-C22 - Andrew Jones Designed Center Channel Speaker, re-engineered for 2012 | Pioneer Electronics USA

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for the tip BSA. I hadn't kept up on the redesign. I haven't heard the new ones so I can't comment on the upgrades. Gives me a good excuse to go to BB.

I believe though that the new towers are $129 ea, while newegg has the old tower for 119 for the pair. Newegg is offering the sp-bs41 (the larger bookshelf) for 99 pair. The new sp-bs22 (upgrade of the bs21) for 129 pr. The new center is 99.

So putting together a 5.0 system is ~$200 cheaper with neweggs prices on the older model. Not really a lot of money, but it depends on your budget. In some cases I think $200 put towards a better sub might be the better value. As always ymmv.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I believe though that the new towers are $129 ea, while newegg has the old tower for 119 for the pair.
Darn, that old Each/Pair pricing catch gets me yet again :)
By no means 2011 is bad and you are right, getting $200 more into sub at these price levels is a big jump in quality

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
While the old speakers are good - the new ones are a clear step up.
If budged permits, they are really a solid deal at their new price.
If you need to live with something for a while, and can afford them,
it is worth the investment.

For a real tight budget, the older version is still a winner.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis