Pioneer Kuro Plasma PDP-5010HD or Elite PRO-110FD...help??

J

jzac

Audioholic
So, here I am wondering which one of these Pioneer KURO monsters is bang for the buck... PDP-5010HD or the Elite PRO-110FD, or are these two way overpriced?
Is there any other manf. that even comes close to the black levels?
Can anyone shed some wisdom on this dilemma of mine? :)

Thx!

N

NapaDRB

Junior Audioholic
I just purchased the Pro 950HD last weekend. I was planning on the 4280 all the way but when I went to my local B&M store they offered me the Pro for $300.00 more and I jumped on it. However if Scott's pricing is correct for the larger models I don't think it would be worth it.

So far the only differences I have found for sure is 2 year warranty versus 1 year, and the pro has adjustments in the users menus that are in the service menus on the regular models. For me the extra year warranty by itself almost made the $300.00 worth it.

There are a couple of huge threads at AVS you could read if you really want to make your head hurt. :)

J

jzac

Audioholic
Thanks guys. You can get both those units street price for 3.5K and 4.3K..... and from what I have been reading on the two there is a good color difference with PRO being much better - skin tones and color adjustments - which you don't get in the HD model. Yet, I can't seem to get myself to justify the price difference without knowing the quality difference. Does anyone have the PRO 110FD model to say that it was worth the big bucks??? :confused: I wonder why BB nor their Magnolia branches carry these babies. ::rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis