Pioneer Elite 74 TXVi & SVS sub setup help

C

Cavediver

Audioholic
I have a new Pioneer Elite 74 TXVi and am having some confusion setting it up with my new speakers. The speakers are Paradigm Monitor 7 L/R, Paradigm cc370 center, Paradigm AMS 150R rear ceiling mount speakers. The sub is a new SVS PB12-Plus/2. Everything is set up according to the owner's manuals recommendations.

Here's my confusion. I set the speakers to small as is recommended in the sub manual and ran the auto MCACC on the receiver. After running the auto MCACC the speakers were set to large. When I re-set the speakers to small the sub stopped working.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
If all speakers were set to Large, then it probably changed subwoofer to off. You'll have to go in to the setup menus and enable the sub and set an appropriate xover frequency (80 Hz is a good general recommendation).

jbrillo

jbrillo

Junior Audioholic
Go under the main setup menu and select "Speaker set". Set all to small. Rerun MCACC in the "Keep speaker setting" mode. Setting all speakers to Large won't turn the sub off, but you won't get the same response as when all the speakers are set to small. That should do it. Hope this helps.

C

Cavediver

Audioholic
Thanks for the suggestions. I had seen that thread on the AVS forum, but it has been quite awhile since I last looked at it. I found the answer on page 33. Anyway, I did as you all suggested and that fixed the problem. Now if I can just find the correct settings so the sub's auto on works I'll be a happy camper.

jbrillo

jbrillo

Junior Audioholic
If your sub is the same as my PB12-ISD, then there should be an a switch on the back that says either "ON" or "Auto". Switch it to auto and you should be set.....enjoy. I wish I could have afforded a PB Plus/2.

T

timn99

Audioholic Intern
I have the same combo, but an SVS PB12+.

You can also change speakers to "THX" and this will automatically set all speakers to small, and then run the Auto MCACC. This was recommended by some of the posters on AVSForum. It seems to get the same results. That way, you don't have to rerun Standing Wave Control after changing from Large to Small, using the originally mentioned procedure.

C

Cavediver

Audioholic
I've got it working perfectly now and wow, this sub is incredible. I just finished watching the King Kong DVD. With the receiver's volume set to -10 dB my whole house was shaking. Thanks for all the help.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis