Pioneer 1222k 5.1 setup problem

A

Adam65

Audiophyte
Just bought this AV receiver, and I am having difficulty setting it calibrating with the MACAC. When I choose the normal system setup of 7.1, it does calibrate with error on the side surrounds (I am running 2 back SR). Then even in dolby there is no sound from the back speakers. I tried setting up manual and by a sound meter with everything to 75 db and sub to 85 db, but still no sound from the back SR.

I had an onkyo tx sr806 before, and it only detected how many speakers are present while calibrating, I don;t know with the MACAC, it sends signals even though there are no speakers. I don;t know if I have the right selection in the speaker set up.

My set up is Polk 2- Rti A9, 1-csi4, 2-Fxi6, outlaw LFM-EX1

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi, Adam. Are you running a 5.1 or 7.1 system? I can't quite tell from your question because you said that you choose the normal setup for 7.1.

If you are running a 5.1 system, make sure that you've connected the surround channels to the "SURROUND" speaker terminals and not the "SURROUND BACK" speaker terminals. The Surround Back channels are only used in a 7.1 setup, and it will cause a problem if you have those connected without any Surround speakers connected.

A

Adam65

Audiophyte
Hi, Adam. Are you running a 5.1 or 7.1 system? I can't quite tell from your question because you said that you choose the normal setup for 7.1.

If you are running a 5.1 system, make sure that you've connected the surround channels to the "SURROUND" speaker terminals and not the "SURROUND BACK" speaker terminals. The Surround Back channels are only used in a 7.1 setup, and it will cause a problem if you have those connected without any Surround speakers connected.
Thanks for the reply. I am running a 5.1 system, and I had put the Sr Back speakers at SR BAck terminals. They are situated in the back so I thought that is what I should do. I will change them to SR and then check.

What system setting should I choose for the speakers, Normal 7.1 or 5.1

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. If you are using five speakers and a sub, then you should choose the 5.1 setting. I'm too lazy to double check the manual :eek:, but I'm pretty sure that you don't actually have to select one - you just run the MCACC setup and it should figure it out for you once you connect those surround speakers to the correct terminals.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis