Picked this up from the Goodwill for $19 bucks the other day - Integra DPC-8.5

S

Seize

Audioholic Intern
It plays DVD, DVD-A, SACD and CD. I picked it up so my Pioneer BDP-320 can be my dedicated movie player. I'll be using it solely for playing my CD's. I'll try to do some A B testing when I get the chance. I did some research before I picked it up and it looks like it was favorably reviewed so for 19 bucks I figure I couldn't go wrong :)

Here are the two reviews I'm referring to

Product Review

Home Theater & Sound Equipment Review -- Integra DPC-8.5 Universal Audio/Video Player (2/2005)

and here's a pic of the actual unit I purchased. As you can see it's in great condition!

The only thing is, it didn't come with a remote. A question for those of you who are familiar with this unit - can I use the remote from a similar model, say like a DPC-5.5?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Get a universal remote and get the codes for that model. Yes, a remote from a similar model should work for all basic commands, but it may not work for functions specific to this model.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Good score! Just get a harmony remote to control it.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Looks exactly like my CD Player. It actually should work on nearly any remote pretty easily.

S

Seize

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for all the feedback. Looked into the Harmony remotes, looks like the only one they have for the Integra brand dvd players is for the model DPS-5.5.

Did some more research and found out that the remote I need is the
Integra RC-543DV. It's the same remote for the DPC-7.4 and 7.5.

Luckily for me, I found two of them on everyones' fave auction site :)

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Thanks for all the feedback. Looked into the Harmony remotes, looks like the only one they have for the Integra brand dvd players is for the model DPS-5.5.

Did some more research and found out that the remote I need is the
Integra RC-543DV. It's the same remote for the DPC-7.4 and 7.5.

Luckily for me, I found two of them on everyones' fave auction site :)
Lemme, guess. You paid more for the remote than u did for the player.

DJ

S

Seize

Audioholic Intern
Lemme, guess. You paid more for the remote than u did for the player.

DJ
Actually, it was only around 17 bucks total - $10 for the remote and 7 bucks for shipping :)

Here's a picture of the actual remote

It came in a little over a week and a half ago.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Actually, it was only around 17 bucks total - $10 for the remote and 7 bucks for shipping :)

Here's a picture of the actual remote

It came in a little over a week and a half ago.
Man, that's crazy - less than 40 for the whole unit.

DJ

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis