Photobucket no more Image hosting

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I recently tried to post some pictures on the forum with Photobucket like I've always done. But it didn't work.

It seems Photobucket no longer allows FREE "3rd Party Hosting". You have to pay like $36 per month for this now.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I use imgur for the pics over which I want to retain control (like pictures of my gear), and postimg.io or tinypic for the disposable uploads (winisd graphs, snarky animated gifs, etc). As far as I'm aware, none of them have ever become the red x placeholder.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
We lost a lot of pics on our Mercury Veradoclub Forum, when contacted they quoted a price of $400 annually o_O

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
In addition to being father to 2y old super active toddler. this counts as second job

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just uploaded a picture from Imgur. Looks like I'll be using Imgur from now on. Goodbye Photobucket.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They have lower levels, but those don't support 3rd party. It is $39 a month for 3rd party, but you have to pay for 1yr up front. So that isn't happening.

It would be one thing if they made it a reasonable price, but just because they don't know how to run their business doesn't mean they can charge some ridiculous price for hosting. I think if they made it inexpensive, ESPECIALLY for long time users, they would keep some of their user base. This pretty much will price them out of the market, see ya.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
I recently tried to post some pictures on the forum with Photobucket like I've always done. But it didn't work.

It seems Photobucket no longer allows FREE "3rd Party Hosting". You have to pay like $36 per month for this now.

old news ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder how many of us use that 3rd party hosting feature? The only time I use that feature was when I was posting pictures here on Audioholics.

I guess the last time I posted pictures here on AH was about 2 or 3 months ago.

So now EVERY picture I have ever posted here on AH (probably like 1,000 pictures) from Photobucket cannot be viewed at all unless you click on the picture and it takes you to the Photobucket website! :mad:

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
imgur here as well. I started using it about 2 years or so ago when photobucket started becoming overburdened with ads.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis