Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy Plus speakers

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I need to clear some old gear out and these guys are just taking up space. I do love them, but haven't used them in quite a while and don't really need them. I am fairly certain I have the original packaging they came in as well. These are pretty rare and were produced by Philharmonic for a short period.

They are a larger bookshelf, a Dennis Murphy modification of the Parts Express BR-1 kit which switched the tweeter to a Morel MDT32S Silk dome tweeter and a corresponding x-over update. They are low sensitivity, but they are not terribly difficult to drive. Anyone who has heard Dennis's designs knows he has an ear for smoothness and clarity and these were named exactly for what they delivered: unmatched clarity for the price. Solid vocals, very clear smooth highs, enough bass to be used without a sub in a typical room. I still own two pairs of Dennis' speakers: Philharmonitors and CA-OW1s because his designs are among my favorites.

I checked around and don't see any other used pairs for sale. I will have to get some pics of them to post, but I looked them over last night and they have zero defects.

Asking $275 + shipping. They are pretty big, but shipping should still be fairly low to CONUS. Paypal, Venmo, Zelle accepted.

Representative pic, NOT MY IMAGE, but mine look identical. I will get actual pics later; today hopefully.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
D@mn.

If we weren't in the middle of the worst quarter ever for our business, I might drive down the road a piece to meet you for these!

Good luck on the sale!!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am in San Jose, California. 95131.

I checked my storage, I have the original packaging. Good to go.

I also hooked them up and gave them a listen. These things still sound really good. They throw a wide stage but still manage very good center imaging. I placed them 10 ft apart, tweeters on outside, toed in. I sit about 9.5-10ft away. I threw in Porcupine Tree Deluxe Blu-ray and listened to the 96/24 stereo remastered tracks. There are a few tracks that have little bass, mostly guitar and vocals and I had to actually check what my playback was set to because I thought it was coming from my center. Then there are plenty of basic crunchy guitar, kick drum, hi-hat tracks and those sound very natural on these too; they like to rock :D

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, strangely enough, these are back. The buyer determined they are not the Morel version, they are the original version put out by Dennis with the Dayton tweeter. Yes, that tweeter was a $100 premium and is part of why Dennis stopped offering them. They still have the Dennis Murphy crossover and sound far better than they should for the price.

So they are now on offer for an adjusted $150 + Shipping

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis