People with Klipsch speakers and Separate Power Amps

B

BJG718

Enthusiast
What power amps would you recommend for Klipsch speakers. I was looking at a Yamaha M85, but I read that Yamaha and Klipsch do not sound too great together. It would help if the amp had A / B speaker selector.

M

marky

Junior Audioholic
The thing with Klipsch is, its very easy to drive. i recommend a receiver like HK 635 instead of going with a amp. the only reason i will go with separates is if youre driving the rf7s and rc7. i heard theres a world of difference when u use a powerful amp, but i think the 7300 will do it justice.

C

cellexjohn

Audiophyte
The only thing i have heard is that the older Yamaha amps were thought by many to be "bright" with Klipsch. I believe that the newer Yamaha amps don't have this issue. Maybe some Yamaha/Klipsch owners will chime in with some info.

John

B

BobbyT

Junior Audioholic
I used a Yamaha 5760 with Klipsch R3 series speakers. It sounded great. Not bright. I now have a B&K 200.5 powering them while I wait for my R7 speakers to come in. The amp did make a noticeable improvement in the sound of the RF3-IIs. Quality receivers will power Klipsch speakers fine, but a good amp is even better.

B&K, Sunfire, and Rotel amps sound great with Klipsch

I

indcrimdefense

Audioholic
I have RF-7 front, RC-7 center and RF-5 rear, paired w/ Denon AVR-2805. Waiting for dealer to get stock a Rotel RMB-1095 5 channel amp which I am going to demo at home. Eventually looking to go w/ Rotel RSP-1098 surround pre-amp to go with the RMB-1095.

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
I have Klipsch Reference speakers and have ordered a Emotiva MPS-1 amp. I will let everyone know how it sounds when the amp comes off backorder mid July.

B

Big Ears

Audiophyte
I'm using the 2500 with my 7's and they sound really really really good. I'm very happy with the 2500, but I too plan on upgrading to the Rotel 1095 and using the Yamaha for preamp duties. The 7's are very power hungry and sound better and better the higher up they go. Most people seem to have good luck with the Yamaha or Denon AVR's when using Klipsch.

I

indcrimdefense

Audioholic
I have demo rotel 1080 amp (2x200) & demo Cary Audio Cinema 5 amp (5x200) sitting side by side right now, and after a 4 day long comparison, the Cary is a better amp. Not to take anything away from the rotel, which is alot for the money, but clarity, soundstage, bass, definition and distinction between low/mid/highs is all significantly better with the Cary amp. For it's price point, the rotel is a great amp, but price aside, the Cary is the best amp I have heard to date paired with Klipsch speakers. Adding the Cary Cinema 6 prepro is also a significant improvement, particularly with vocals and for a huge soundstage. The differences between the 2 amps were still evident and easy to discern using a denon 2805 as a prepro or using a rotel rc 1070 prepro, but the differences were not as pronounced. However the best sound quality was the cary amp & prepro in conjunction, second was the cary with any of other prepros, and third was cary prepro w/ rotel amp which edged out the rotel amp/denon 2805 combo, as the cary has greater clarity, particularly with vocals.

N

nowonder

Audioholic Intern
Lots of great feedback here, but I would probably ask the same question on the forums at klipsch.com

--nw

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis