Peavey GPS 3500 2 x 1750W Power Amp $880 and free UPS ground shipping

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
This is a monster of a pro amp if you're in need of a 56lb. giant to power your towers. $1399 is the average price online, and free shipping isn't too bad, either. ;)

I'm guessing it will output at least 500x2, 20-20,000 at .05% thd based on the advertised specs.

www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=248-800

With wide range applications from permanent installations to use by touring bands, the GPS® Global Power Series power amps are targeted to meet the full spectrum of performance demands. Features Peavey's famous DDT™ clip elimination circuit, soft-start and soft-restart which help protect speakers, and other comprehensive amplifier and load protection circuits. Dual variable-speed fans designed for highly efficient rear-to-front airflow for maximum cooling on demand. Convenient input polarity switch provides easy integration with other brands of amplifiers.

GPS 3500 output power (1 kHz, 0.1% THD) per channel stereo: 775 watts RMS @ 8 ohms, 1200 watts RMS @ 4 ohms, 1750 watts @ 2 ohms. Output power (1 kHz, 0.1% THD) bridged mono: 2400 watts RMS @ 8 ohms, 3500 watts RMS @ 4 ohms. Dimensions: 3.5" H x 19" W x 17.25" D.
2 rack space pro touring stereo power amps
Peavey DDT™ clip elimination circuit
Two variable-speed fans
Toroidal power transformers
Die cast front-panel nameplates
XLR and 1/4" combo inputs
Binding post and Speakon® outputs
5-year warranty

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
This is a monster of a pro amp if you're in need of a 56lb. giant to power your towers. $1399 is the average price online, and free shipping isn't too bad, either. ;)

I'm guessing it will output at least 500x2, 20-20,000 at .05% thd based on the advertised specs.

www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=248-800

With wide range applications from permanent installations to use by touring bands, the GPS® Global Power Series power amps are targeted to meet the full spectrum of performance demands. Features Peavey's famous DDT™ clip elimination circuit, soft-start and soft-restart which help protect speakers, and other comprehensive amplifier and load protection circuits. Dual variable-speed fans designed for highly efficient rear-to-front airflow for maximum cooling on demand. Convenient input polarity switch provides easy integration with other brands of amplifiers.

GPS 3500 output power (1 kHz, 0.1% THD) per channel stereo: 775 watts RMS @ 8 ohms, 1200 watts RMS @ 4 ohms, 1750 watts @ 2 ohms. Output power (1 kHz, 0.1% THD) bridged mono: 2400 watts RMS @ 8 ohms, 3500 watts RMS @ 4 ohms. Dimensions: 3.5" H x 19" W x 17.25" D.
2 rack space pro touring stereo power amps
Peavey DDT™ clip elimination circuit
Two variable-speed fans
Toroidal power transformers
Die cast front-panel nameplates
XLR and 1/4" combo inputs
Binding post and Speakon® outputs
5-year warranty

Looks impressive:D
2 fans. Wonder how loud they are.
They forgot a 2 in front of that 5 in the warranty:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I would rather get the Behringer EP2500 at a fraction of the cost and still have plenty extra power.:D

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I would rather get the Behringer EP2500 at a fraction of the cost and still have plenty extra power.:D
The Peavey is 56lbs, the Europower is 36lbs. BUT you could get two EP2500's for less than one Peavey.

FWIW, this is stupid power for home use. I guess if you build a passive, sealed quad JL Audio 15" sub, you'd benefit from something like this. ;)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
What amplifier class is the Peavey? The EP2500 is Class H (a more efficient version of Class A/B). That would allow the Behringer to weigh less while still performing very well. Either one of those amplifiers would deliver more power than I would likely ever need.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The Peavey is 56lbs, the Europower is 36lbs. BUT you could get two EP2500's for less than one Peavey.

FWIW, this is stupid power for home use. I guess if you build a passive, sealed quad JL Audio 15" sub, you'd benefit from something like this. ;)
Er.... there is no "big wattage" 15inch JLs. ;)

And the weight has nothing to do with it, The EP2500 is the best for the buck, buck :p

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis