PE Sealed Cabinets??????

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Has anybody here ever used a PE cabinet in a DIY sub building project? If so, please elaborate on what you did to the cabinet and how it turned out for you. For example, did you seal the cabinet better OR perhaps add some bracing, and etc. Most importantly, can you post some pics of your project or better yet the finished product??? Lastly, if you used a PE cabinet with the Rythmik sealed servo kit and you have pics please by all means post them. Thanks once again for the advice and tips I have received here. Only hope to get even more.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Anybody.........????? Are the PE cabinets just not very good???? :confused::confused:

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
The cabinet's are very nice. I use them in my mains.

They are already braced inside. The finish is superb. All you really have to do is route out the holes for the woofer and tweeter, and port if you choose to port them.

I can post pics later.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The cabinet's are very nice. I use them in my mains.

They are already braced inside. The finish is superb. All you really have to do is route out the holes for the woofer and tweeter, and port if you choose to port them.

I can post pics later.
Thanks there waffle BUT I was referring to the sealed sub cabinets. Guess I should had been a little more specific.........my bad. :D:D Anyways, thanks for posting. Have you ever used a PE sealed sub cabinet by any chance?

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
Thanks there waffle BUT I was referring to the sealed sub cabinets. Guess I should had been a little more specific.........my bad. :D:D Anyways, thanks for posting. Have you ever used a PE sealed sub cabinet by any chance?
I have dayton's 12" pre-made sub. It is a great sub, with a good cabinet.

I'll just assume they use the same cabinet.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have dayton's 12" pre-made sub. It is a great sub, with a good cabinet.

I'll just assume they use the same cabinet.
That is great. Which sub and amp do you have? Do you have the Titanic MKIII kit? Care to post a few pics? How does it perform with music? Ever been able to compare it to some of the other sub out there? If so, what were your impressions?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis