PC to receiver to projector via HDMI

Y

Yobgal

Audiophyte
I have a Windows based machine that inbuilt a few years ago. It's been hooked up to a Denon receiver then running to a projector for its entire life. Over the weekend, I brought the PC to a friend's place for a LAN party. I hooked directly up to an old monitor that he provided, using a DVI to VGA adapter. Now that I'm back home, I ran the HDMI cable from PC to receiver the way that it's always been, but the projector won't display an image.

I didn't have to change any settings to make the monitor work. It was just plug in and play. I don't have a monitor at home, just the projector. I've done a little googling but I'm having troubles finding anything helpful. Any advice would be really appreciated!

Y

Yobgal

Audiophyte
Well, that's unfortunate. Let's suppose for a moment that I don't own a monitor and can't see a settings screen. I remembered the hot key WIN+P, but didn't realize there would be multiple options. Is there anything to be done besides borrow a monitor for twenty seconds of duplicating the screen?

Thanks for the link. I assumed it would be simple, but I also assumed that the PC would have remembered settings. I guess I'm really quite clueless.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
with desktop powered on, try to connect and reconnect the hdmi video.
you "inbuilt" pc, but don't have spare old monitor lying around or one you could borrow?

Y

Yobgal

Audiophyte
Sorry for that typo. I'm posting from my phone and I miss a few weird autocorrects. I built the PC a few years ago, and haven't moved it once until this weekend. Like I said twice, I don't own a monitor. I do know that it worked for a few years. I just don't remember how I got it to work in the first place. I know that I didn't borrow a monitor, and that I've never owned one. I remember running BIOS through the projector. I was hoping somebody here might provide some help as to how it can be done again, because I just don't remember what I did before.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Sorry for that typo. I'm posting from my phone and I miss a few weird autocorrects. I built the PC a few years ago, and haven't moved it once until this weekend. Like I said twice, I don't own a monitor. I do know that it worked for a few years. I just don't remember how I got it to work in the first place. I know that I didn't borrow a monitor, and that I've never owned one. I remember running BIOS through the projector. I was hoping somebody here might provide some help as to how it can be done again, because I just don't remember what I did before.
Just curious, is it possible you have 2 different hdmi ports and you connected to wrong one?
Also I'd try to connect hdmi straight to PJ instead of thru AVR.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Given the machine's age, I bet it boots using legacy BIOS mode. Smack F8 on the keyboard like you're in a boss battle as the POST screen gives way to Windows loading. I bet booting into VGA or Safe Mode would reset the display settings.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis