S

Stereoguy

Audioholic
Hi: Merry Christmas:) to those that celebrate !!!! I hooked up my new computer got a message reboot or select boot drive went into BIOS menu it shows the Pioneer DVD Burner/Reader but not the Hard Drives in the SATA Devices section???What is the problem.Thanks

S

Stereoguy

Audioholic
Thanks checked cables seem ok. However without going into the gory details it(CPU) was shipped with Fed-Ex lots of problems there in the process one of the sata cables(to the 1TB HD was damaged so I'm replacing that one,the O/S is in the other HD 500gb (Both are Western digital if that matters) I detached that one would that affect the O/S reattached it with in seconds wondering(probably a stupid question) should I use the O/S disc to see if it is still there? Perhaps I need to redo the whole install Motherboard updates,O/S too??? Any more help is appreciated!!! :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Your motherboard should have at least four to eight sata ports. Try to swap sata cable, make sure power cable is attached proper as well.
Try to use different sata port on the motherboard.
If your o/s disk doesn't gets recognized at all, try connecting it to some other pc. Maybe using sata to usb adapter or case. If later fails - the hd is dead.

If you need more help, try to express yourself in English a bit better....

S

stealthrt

Audioholic Intern
As the others have pointed out. Make sure your SATA cable is connected (they only go in one way) on both ends (motherboard and HD). Also, make sure its in SATA or SATA1 on your motherboard. Sometimes that doesnt matter but its best to do that to rule that out as being the cause.

Another thing to look at is the power cable. And again, it goes in only one way. It will be the longer plug than the SATA plug.

This drawing may help you out:

Lastly, in BIOS, make sure it has your hard drive name like so:

Where ST3888110AS is WDxxxxxxxx.

Hope that helps!

David

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis