PB13-ULTRA Rosewood or Textured black ?

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hey guys well as you know I just got my PB12NSD and I truly love it but I have the what if ? going on sooooo I decided to get the PB13-Ultra, I might keep my PB12NSD I haven't decided yet I like it that much but The Ultra is what I always wanted and I know me I wont be happy until I get one . So I need everyone's help on deciding what finish . I couldnt figure out how to do the poll thing :eek: So just give me your op if you could :) My two choices are the Rosewood which I really like but not sure if it will go with my all black current theme I have going on, for those that haven't seen it just click on my links in my sig . My other choice is The textured black and both of course with the metal grills, even though I think the piano black is beautiful I had that on my Velodyne so im ready for a different finish so that ones out . I would be happy with either Textured black or Rosewood but some input would be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advanced :D

TheFactor

TheFactor

Heres a couple of pics, as you can see I have everything pretty much black

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wow...that did not take long at all! :D Cruise Missile must have put you over the top with his thread on the twins. Congrats!

Tough call for me on the color. I think that the rosenut is a really nice color, and that's what I would have gotten in 2007 had I ordered their latest line of speakers, but I'm not sure how much I'd like it in person. If their textured black is like my black vinyl B&W ASW1000, then I wouldn't want that because I got tired of it after having my B&W in my system for nine years. I guess that I'm not helping you out at all. Adam = "worthless". :)

BTW, only mods and admins can do polls anymore - so you didn't miss something.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Wow...that did not take long at all! :D Cruise Missile must have put you over the top with his thread on the twins. Congrats!

Tough call for me on the color. I think that the rosenut is a really nice color, and that's what I would have gotten in 2007 had I ordered their latest line of speakers, but I'm not sure how much I'd like it in person. If their textured black is like my black vinyl B&W ASW1000, then I wouldn't want that because I got tired of it after having my B&W in my system for nine years. I guess that I'm not helping you out at all. Adam = "worthless". :)

BTW, only mods and admins can do polls anymore - so you didn't miss something.
Yes I think Cruise did put me over the top but it didnt take much lol And Mike C Was guilty to :) I always wanted a Ultra but I was trying to be conservative but Like I said I love my PB12nsd thats why im trying to deside if I want to keep it even when I get the Ultra or just do a upgrade but that pb12nsd is no slouch for sure its a nice sub and im enjoying it . But as far as the textured black its actualy more like a linex bedliner on a truck but more refined and I mean that in a good way it looks really nice and not like a vinyl at all and very durable looking as far as on my pb12 anyway and I think the ultra is the same but not sure . But that
Rosewood mmmm mmmmmmm I like it but just dont know if it would clash with my setup or not . BTW your wright you werent much help this time:p j/k but you normaly are :D oh ya you were helpful this time too because I forgot I thought I was retarded when I couldnt figure out how to do a poll:eek: but now I know it wasnt me thanks for the heads up :)

Last edited:
croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I'd stay with textured black, or even the gloss black, as your set up is primarily black.

[I knew an Ultra was looming in your future]

TheFactor

TheFactor

I'd stay with textured black, or even the gloss black, as your set up is primarily black.

[I knew an Ultra was looming in your future]
I like the gloss black but I had that on my Velodyne prior to my NSD so I think I need a change . LOL I just noticed the small print on your post :D..... BTW your Rosewood twins are drop dead gorgeous :)

J

jamie2112

Banned
I would go with piano black as well Factor. As your rig looks great in black. Your rack is really sweet........

TheFactor

TheFactor

Damn you are really moving fast there Factor. Looks great...
Thanks and yes like my dad use to say to me when I was a kid "No grass grows under your feet" and they say you never change and I dont think I have either .
Clean up those cables....:p:D
Yes they need a little grouping and organizing :eek:

Last edited:
TheFactor

TheFactor

I would go with piano black as well Factor. As your rig looks great in black. Your rack is really sweet........
Thanks:D The rack looks even better in person . What about textured black ?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
if you keep your NSD, don't use it together with the Ultra.

i vote for textured black first, gloss black second, cylinder third

TheFactor

TheFactor

Thanks Mike , so you dont think the NSD would be a good match with the ultra ? That does make sense though I guess because there totaly different animals :D Well I guesss if I decide to keep it I can put the NSD in my bedroom system and get rid of my Element .

TheFactor

TheFactor

You have any pics of the textured black Mike and is it the same as the NSD ? Its hard to tell on the SVS website .

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
it's not exactly the same, but i personally can't tell the difference. i think the NSD's are vinyl, and the textured blacks are sprayed on.

oh, and rosewood has been phased out. rosenut is the new color.

Last edited:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I'm going to go ahead and vote for Rosenut. I like the look of your system but I think a touch of finely polished wood would POP in that space. Not just break it up, but offer some contrast to draw the eye. It's not the things that blend in that make the whole extraordinary. It's the quality of the things that shine that make everything look better.

TheFactor

TheFactor

I'm going to go ahead and vote for Rosenut. I like the look of your system but I think a touch of finely polished wood would POP in that space. Not just break it up, but offer some contrast to draw the eye. It's not the things that blend in that make the whole extraordinary. It's the quality of the things that shine that make everything look better.
Thanks Dave thats a great view and I like your idea , especialy since I really like the Rosenut :D Seriuosly though thats a great point of view .

TheFactor

TheFactor

it's not exactly the same, but i personally can't tell the difference. i think the NSD's are vinyl, and the textured blacks are sprayed on.

oh, and rosewood has been phased out. rosenut is the new color.
Wow Mike :eek: holy subs batman !!! Ya I dont know why But I keep calling it Rosewood . Thanks for the pics thats a great chance to view them both at once . Do the metal grill coverings rattle or anything just curious but they look great . The Rosenut looks pretty red in the picture is that how they look in person ? In your op ..... they do look good though . Do you know if the metal grills are more money I didnt notice on there site unless it shows the difference on checkout .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis