Paradigms or The Speaker Company??

M

Mitch613

Enthusiast
So we're in the planning stage of building out our dedicated home theater room. We picked up a Sony VPL VW60 the other day and now have been thinking about the speakers. We want a sleek look so we thought we'd do in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. We were planning on doing a 7.1 using the Paradigm AMS-250s but the price is just so damn steep! So we found this wonderful forum and it seems most people really like The Speaker Company.

So without being able to compare the Paradigms with the TSCs, how does TSC's NT Series compare with the AMS 250s?

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

M

Mitch613

Enthusiast
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Can Speaker Company's NT series actually compare with the Paradigms? Or am I a whack for even pondering this question?

S

soulrider4ever

Enthusiast
Considering TSC is doing a 40% off everything right now, it's a no brainer.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
People like a lot of things. In addition to the subjective difference of taste, there's the relative difference of "sound for money".

Someone may love a Behringer 2030P, but that doesn't mean a B&W 802D isn't far superior.

I haven't personally experienced TSC, so cannot really answer your question. Paradigm seems most liked at their bottom (good sound for the money) and top (Signature with Be Tweets) ends.

J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
Apples and Pears

IMHO, TSC and Paradigm are as different as Hyundai and Mercedes. Both are very good products but intended for different market points.

ozmedia

ozmedia

Audioholic
Save your money

So we're in the planning stage of building out our dedicated home theater room. We picked up a Sony VPL VW60 the other day and now have been thinking about the speakers. We want a sleek look so we thought we'd do in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. We were planning on doing a 7.1 using the Paradigm AMS-250s but the price is just so damn steep! So we found this wonderful forum and it seems most people really like The Speaker Company.

So without being able to compare the Paradigms with the TSCs, how does TSC's NT Series compare with the AMS 250s?

Thanks!
The best value for money in an in-ceiling and in-wall product right now is from RBH Sound. For your Sony you will be fine with the A-Series, however if you want to spend some more cash, the MC Series will blow you away.
To get a really cool front soundstage, the MC series has an MC-553, where the bottom Woofer and tweeter has its own binding posts, you can then run your center channel output to the lower of the left and right speakers, meaning you don't need a separate center channel. They are a bit pricey and may be harder to find in a retail store (actually nealry impossible to find in a retail store) as opposed to finding a local installer that has them (RBH hates retail and big box stores).

RBHwas teh OEM designer and builder of other manufacturer's products (such as Paradigm, Fosgate, McIntosh, JBL) for years before offering their own brand.

The value for money is unbeatable, even with the 553's 5.25" woofers they simply won't bottom out when turned up, they never sound like they are working too hard, you get unsurpassed detail and imaging and that HUUUUGE center soundstage.

To top it all off, do you think you'd get a 25 YEAR warranty from TSC OR Paradigm? Nope, just a mere 5-years, unlike other permanent fixtures in a home, such as a kicthens, hardwood floors, paving, roofing etc. that is generally covered for 25 years. RBH considers your in-wall/in-ceiling speakers a permanent fixture that they will support for 25 years.

Find a local home theatre or alarm installer, save some money and install superior sound and quality that relates to the best value for money you can find today. Or just poke around the forums here for RBH reviews, they are a house favorite.

http://www.rhsound.com will help you find a local dealer too.

Last edited:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

Thanks!
I think speakercraft is a consideration too.

For the sub. I suggest an Infinite baffle build.

M

Mitch613

Enthusiast
Considering TSC is doing a 40% off everything right now, it's a no brainer.
I understand that, but without being able to actually hear these speakers, it's hard to pull the trigger on them when we're looking for a specific quality level.

We are on a budget. Nothing too drastic but just can't afford to throw down $500 per speaker. We're not audiophiles but we 100% notice and appreciate the better quality sound.

The Paradigms AMS250s are $300 a piece and that gets a little pricey...7 speakers with a $500 sub, plus a $800 receiver. If we can replicate that sound that we've heard from the Paradigms, but with a slightly cheaper product, we would love to hear about it!

M

Mitch613

Enthusiast
IMHO, TSC and Paradigm are as different as Hyundai and Mercedes. Both are very good products but intended for different market points.
With the more research I do, I'm starting to really believe that TSC can't compare with Paradigm (and similar companies') quality...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I just want to make sure you are aware that tSc has a no-risk trial period.
You buy them & shipping is free.

They give you 30 days in your own home to decide.

If you don't like them, tSc will pay for the return shipping and refund your money.

That is as good as it gets.

I have not heard tSc speakers, but know they have a good reputation. Add the additional 40% discount and the return policy, and there's nothing to lose with the potential to save a lot and maybe get better speakers.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis