Paradigm studio V2,is it better than V3

H

HDTV4ME

Audioholic Intern
Hi are the v2 better than the V3.I'm looking at the studio 60's,20 and the 570 over the ccV2.Thanks

Karp

Karp

Audioholic
The Studio v3's are definately superior to the v2's in my opinion. The v4 of the Monitor line is now using the same tweeter that the Studio v2's have, and the Studio v3's tweeter is even better. Midrange also sounds more open while bass seems about the same between the two versions (to my ears).

Karp

Karp

Audioholic
Oh, and I actually prefer the sound of the 470 over the 570. Not as much lower extension, but the midrange sounds better, and my sub covers the lower bass anyway.

G

GeneticDrift

Audioholic Intern
Although I have never heard the cc-570 I did purchase the cc-470 today and am awed by the bass this center channel puts out. It’s got punch that is on par with my front floor standers. I upgraded from the cc-370 which I thought got great bass but this sure surpasses it. In my opinion it adds to the realism to have a fuller frequency response coming from the intended speaker rather than crossing it to the sub, the placement of sound just sounds right.

S

stiletto pat

Audioholic
Paradigm Studio Reference V.2 vs V.3

I wholeheartedly agree with Karp on all of his observations. I have the 100 v.3, with the cc-470 v.3 and adp-470 v.3, running with a HSU TN-1220, and everyone thinks they sound marvelous. When I was shopping, I was very pleased with the v.2s until I heard the v.3s, then there was no turning back, even though the dealers were making attractive deals on the v.2's, and the wood cabinetry was beautiful... But the v.3s were sonically superior, and that's what counts....

Pat :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis