Paradigm speaker question.

Highgear

Highgear

Audioholic Intern
I am in the middle of a HT overhaul. New TV and BD player. Upgraded to a Onkyo HT-RC260, lower end but good for what I need. I have three Paradigm Studio 20 v3 for my fronts and am using the old Onkyo HT-500 sub and rears. I am happy with the sub but want to change the rears. Would the Paradigm Micro speakers work well for the rears? Also, what should I set the crossover between the sub and fronts? I have it set for 80Hz on the old recevier.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
I am in the middle of a HT overhaul. New TV and BD player. Upgraded to a Onkyo HT-RC260, lower end but good for what I need. I have three Paradigm Studio 20 v3 for my fronts and am using the old Onkyo HT-500 sub and rears. I am happy with the sub but want to change the rears. Would the Paradigm Micro speakers work well for the rears? Also, what should I set the crossover between the sub and fronts? I have it set for 80Hz on the old recevier.
Personally, I would use a pair of Studio 20's for the rears.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I am in the middle of a HT overhaul. New TV and BD player. Upgraded to a Onkyo HT-RC260, lower end but good for what I need. I have three Paradigm Studio 20 v3 for my fronts and am using the old Onkyo HT-500 sub and rears. I am happy with the sub but want to change the rears. Would the Paradigm Micro speakers work well for the rears?
It would help my suggesting replacements if I knew why you didn't like the current rears.

Also, what should I set the crossover between the sub and fronts? I have it set for 80Hz on the old recevier.
The in-room frequency floor for the Studio 20 is respectably low. I believe an 80Hz crossover would continue to be a good choice. Feel free to experiment. I wouldn't recommend anything above 100.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis