Paradigm Persona 3F

Discussion in 'Write Your Own Review' started by Joe B, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Joe B Audioholic

Joe B
    I found a dealer about an hour away that has a pair of Persona 3F speakers set up in a system. I emailed them and the owner told me to come by any time, so I think I'm going Wednesday. The tech behind these speakers is pretty neat and I want to hear what Beryllium drivers sound like. I'll post the review when the mission is accomplished.
  2. shadyJ Audioholic Spartan

shadyJ
    Be careful, you are going to end up wanting that speaker. By the way, I think the 3F is the sweet spot in the Persona line-up for those that will be using some good subs. The midwoofer is not tasked to play bass as it is on the Persona Bookshelf, but the 3F is not nearly as expensive as the other Persona towers either. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Bring music that has an emphasis on mids, like female vocals.
  3. Joe B Audioholic

Joe B
    Oh, I have a feeling you're right that I'm going to want that speaker. I agree that the 3F looks like the sweet spot out of the line up. And though the price is up there, it isn't unreasonable given other offerings with the same tech. Dave, the owner of the store, said, "We have a Sooloos music server with Tidal feeding the system, so virtually anything you might want to listen too will be available," so I probably won't bring any discs into the store, although I'll have a few for the ride up there in the car.
    As far as music that emphasizes the mids, I've got that covered. I listen to a lot of choral music and art song, so I know exactly what I want to listen to. My 75F's have fantastic mids, so hearing an improvement is going to be very cool. The 3F's should also have more low end than my 75F's. I'll post upon completion of the mission. I'm getting psyched!
  4. Cos Audioholic General

Cos
    I have demo'd the Persona line, I think each level of those speakers are outstanding, but I did not like the bookshelves.

Sounds like you have a solid Paradigm Dealer, which is good, my dealer where I buy my GoldenEar from also sells a ton of Paradigm if you end up not getting aggressive pricing. I personally would love to get the 7F, unfortunately my wallet disagrees with me :(
    Cos,