Paradigm Monitor 11's

S

slmcdonald7

Junior Audioholic
Hi all,

I just purchased a pair of Monitor 11's (shielded) and expect them to arrive from the factory soon. I am very excited.

However, in conducting my research on these speakers, I was disappointed to find very few reviews on these speakers (but the few I did find were very positive).

At this point, my question is moot, but I am interested in what you (by "you" I mean "anyone who wants to respond to this post") think about these speakers. Of course they aren't the best in the world, but I really liked them when I was auditioning them.

I am running them off of the Denon 3805 and plan on bi-wiring them (all comments on bi-wiring might be better reserved for the bi-wiring post just below this one), and using a little 8 inch Polk subwoofer, as I doubt I will need very much extra bass with these guys (and in my small house).

I am looking for some honest and knowledgeable insights (as are prevalent on the vast majority of these posts, if not all) about the quality of these speakers, but please be kind, understanding that I have already purchased them, and extremely negative replies might just ruin my day ;) .

Thanks in advance for any and all replies,
Stephen

J

joelincoln

Junior Audioholic
I never heard the 11s but I did hear the 5s and 7s and I think they are some of the best values in speakers availalbe. They are very good at imaging and are clear and crisp... very impressive.

Good luck with them.

B

BIG FISH

Junior Audioholic
Great speaker, I my self have the 7's, but I did listen to the 11's and loved them (just didn't have the extra cash) :( They have alot more bass than the 7's so that's always good. I'm sure you'll enjoy them, and give them some time to break in. Enjoy!!!!!!

P

Paul F

Audioholic Intern
Stephen,
Please update us when you first play them and after a breakin period.

I just bought a Denon 3805 two days ago and have a Harmon Kardon Citation 16 stereo amp (160 wpc 8 ohm) that I plan on using for the mains. I am looking into the following 5.1 systems:

1 - Monitor Audio Silver series (S10 mains, SLCR center and Sfx surrounds)

2 - Paradigm Monitor series (M 9-11 mains, CC370 center and ADP370 surrounds)

3 - Axiom Audio Epic 80 series w/o the sub

These will be paired with a sunfire sub. Eventually I will go to a 7.1 system with direct firing rears. I have a large room and like to play some movies and music very loud. I know that Axiom is a sponsoradvertiser of both this and some other forums/websites and that they have gotten fantastic reviews from some magazines/websites and buyers - but people also rave about Bose - so go figure! I am about to plunk down $3 - $4 thousand and I really want to do the right thing. Everybody talks about doing in-home demos - but my local dealers really aren't motivated to do that for what I'm spending. I know these are all quality speakers, but I can save about $1,000 by going with the Axiom system.

Tell us more about the rest of your system and how it sounds - I for one would like to know!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis