Paradigm Millenia CT 2 Speaker System First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Looking for a compact system that's simple to set up and use? Want to spend less than $1,000? Paradigm's new Millenia CT 2 system may be right up your alley. Priced at $899, you get a complete 2.1 system with 40W of Class D power per satellite plus 80W for the included 8" subwoofer. Spec junkies can also take some comfort in knowning that the CT 2 is rated from 28Hz-20kHz +/-2dB, which is quite impressive for this class of system. Meanwhile, standard connectivity consists of an optical digital input and a 3.5mm auxiliary analog input. But wait there's a nice surprise under the hood: Bluetooth with AptX decoding. Overall, not a bad deal in our books.

Curious to see more? Read the full preview of the Paradigm Millenia CT 2 here. Anybody interested in owning one of these, potentially for a second system?

W

warpdrive

Full Audioholic
I think you got things a bit confused. There were actually four 2.1 systems with Millenia in its name

• MilleniaOne Sat with their separate 300W flat MilleniaSub. I believe they never offered this as a complete bundle (?). These are lifestyle speakers meant for a high end lifestyle setup to be used with a receiver. You can buy the sats as 2.0, or 5.0 box and then purchase the sub separately.
  • MilleniaOne CT (same ported sats as above with a 100W flat sub that has built in amps for the sats). Meant as all in one higher end desktop system
  • Millenia CT (sealed sats with even smaller 80W powered sub also with built in 40W sat amps). Budget desktop system
  • Millenia CT2. (sealed sats with Bluetooth streaming…same as above but with new control module and remote).

The Millenia CT2 you are talking about replaces the Millenia CT. The speakers are the same as the CT system. You can actually buy an upgrade kit with remote and new control box to change your CT to CT2. In this case, the CT2 actually costs more than the CT due to the new BT feature

I have the MilleniaOne sats and was always confused by this at first.

The MilleniaOne CT was the first system but it remains in their lineup as their more upscale offering (they are their “reference” collection).

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Thanks for the input warp. I updated the article a bit while trying not to do a complete rewrite. Should show up before too long.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis