paradigm cc-390 and monitor 11's

selkec

selkec

Audioholic
Hi all. I was out today auditioning speakers and I really like the paradigm monitor 11's. The dealer by me is selling the matching center for 399 right now. Regularly its like 699. I have searched online but cant find much at all about this center. It is gigantic and I feel these speakers will be a step up from my polk rti set up. I guess my main question is, is 399 a good deal on this monster center speaker. If so Ill go back tomorrow and get it, they have 4 left.

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
I forget the pricing but that sounds like a good deal to me. I'd go for it.

D

Dizastical

Audioholic Intern
Just make sure that the center is the same version as the fronts. They changes the xovers from version 5 to 6. That sound like it is the version 5 center for that price. The new version 6 is retailed at like $1100!!!!!! I have the 11s. Awesome fronts! Cant say enough good about them.

Dave

selkec

selkec

Audioholic
I believe they are all version 5. Do you think these are a steo up frim my polk set up? csi5 center and rti150's towers? Dont get me wrong I like the polks but seems like a good price on the cc-390 and probably a step up I would think, but I could be wrong.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sounds like a great deal to me !!! I'd go for it, Paradigm make some great speakers.

strube

strube

My dad has the CC-390 with Monitor 9's and though they are a bit bright to me at times and seem underpowered by his Denon 1909 AVR, I think they could be amazing with the right power and a few room treatments. I set up his system but I couldn't talk him into a bit beefier receiver.

I like Paradigm because of their huge centers. Since I am a mostly movie kind of guy the center is a very important speaker because of the dialog.

That price is really good IMO, I would jump on it if it were me. I would take the Paradigms over the Polks that I have heard any day, but I haven't heard your Polks.

D

Dizastical

Audioholic Intern
I say pull the trigger and buy the setup. For that kind of money you cant go wrong! I dont think youll be dissappointed at all with the sound quality. The center is HUGE! Let us know what you decide.

Dave

selkec

selkec

Audioholic
I put my csi5 on ebay today. Once it sales Ill be getting the paradigm center first. Then Ill sale my towers then get the monitor 11's. One thing at a time because my girlfriend would kill me if I bought them all at once. Plus I told her I would not be spending any more since Im selling my polks. What she dont know wont hurt her. :p
She thinks Im just selling them to re buy speakers that are rosenut in color. She dont like the black polks. So in a way we both win. I get to buy new speakers and she gets the wood rosenut speakers. lol

TheFactor

TheFactor

I put my csi5 on ebay today. Once it sales Ill be getting the paradigm center first. Then Ill sale my towers then get the monitor 11's. One thing at a time because my girlfriend would kill me if I bought them all at once. Plus I told her I would not be spending any more since Im selling my polks. What she dont know wont hurt her. :p
She thinks Im just selling them to re buy speakers that are rosenut in color. She dont like the black polks. So in a way we both win. I get to buy new speakers and she gets the wood rosenut speakers. lol
Now thats thinking, it funny how much planning and thinking we have to do sometimes to justify upgrades ;)

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
That's a perfect deal you both get what you want. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis