F

frostiex

Enthusiast
Ok, I have a chance to purchase a set of these for 150 cdn, is it worth it?

How will it go with my athenas?

I currently have all athenas, as-b2 for the front AS-c1 for center and AS-R1 for rear.

I am planning on getting the paradigm to replace the AS-b2's and move them to use as a presence speaker for the front.

any suggestions?

C

coolcar@texas.n

Audiophyte
Paradigm 7se

I have a pair of the original Paradigm 7se. The MK3 came a year later. I had a lot of disposable cash back then and looked at everything on the market. I have had them since the late 1980's and have yet felt a need to replace them at any cost. They were and still are high fidelity at bargain prices. The company still makes replacement parts and for $150 for the pair you are looking at I would say grab them (especially if that includes their industrial strength speaker stands). The friend who recommended them back there was one of top audiophiles in Austin during the day. Nuff said. Good luck. Be the envy of your friends and enemies both.

J

JPW

Junior Audioholic
I've owned a pair of 7SE MKIII since 1995. They are great speakers! I've had zero problems with them and they are still going strong. A great audio value IMO. For $150 I'd grab them as fast as I could.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Your only issue may be finding a matching center. IIRC, those guys use a different tweeter than the recent models. For the price, I'd say get 'em if you haven't already.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis