Panasonic Tc-p65s1, is it worth it?

Y

Yamaheart

Full Audioholic
Bestbuy has this tv for this Cyber monday as $1799 (outlet item), is it worth getting this TV? How differ is this compare to the v10 which has been discontinued... Thanks, I got about 6 hours to think about. Thanks

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I'll take the VT25 over the V10 over the S1.

*In My Opinion*, that price is not low enough for me to jump on it.

The better models will get you better blacks, 24p, THX mode, better calibration flexibility, and I'm sure other things as well. Good luck in your decision.

full disclosure: 99% of my viewing is bluray, so I regard 24p as a pretty important thing for my uses. I also watch with good light control, and so better blacks are important to me.

Again, it's just my opinion, good luck.

Y

Yamaheart

Full Audioholic
I'll take the VT25 over the V10 over the S1.

*In My Opinion*, that price is not low enough for me to jump on it.

The better models will get you better blacks, 24p, THX mode, better calibration flexibility, and I'm sure other things as well. Good luck in your decision.

full disclosure: 99% of my viewing is bluray, so I regard 24p as a pretty important thing for my uses. I also watch with good light control, and so better blacks are important to me.

Again, it's just my opinion, good luck.
Thanks, Im not buying it anymore... Due to not much of a lowering in price. I can't seem to find any discontinued TC-P65V10 anywhere, there are some at Amazon, but no way I would pay $3300 for 1... Thanks

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
You guys are so spoiled in the States....I would have been all over that TV at the price....:eek:. We're talking 4g's up here!

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks, Im not buying it anymore... Due to not much of a lowering in price. I can't seem to find any discontinued TC-P65V10 anywhere, there are some at Amazon, but no way I would pay $3300 for 1... Thanks
My friend got the 65V10 for about 2.3k over a year ago. This luxury size of 65" seems to be a bit weirder or less consistent with price cuts. You just have to keep your eyes peeled, and have the wallet/savings ready.

You might have missed the best price already. It's really strange, but often the current models sell for less than the older models, at least on Panasonic's website! Maybe not more expensive, but close enough in respective discounts. It doesn't make any sense to me.

So, keep your eyes out for when a current gen 65" hits its lowest price. I would not be surprised in the least if the price is as good as last year's gen when the time comes (when comparing respective lines); just my educated guess. It could be the last time you see it that low.

M

Matthewop

Audiophyte
I think i should look for other interesting stuffs!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis