Panasonic BD60 won't play CD's anymore...

S

sm31

Audioholic Intern
I finally got around to installing firmware update 2.5 and my blu-ray player quit reading CD's. I thought it might be a problem with the red light laser (?) or something, but it still plays DVD's just fine.

I prefer not to play cd's on this machine anyway (soon to be remedied w/ a Marantz cd player), but has anyone else had this problem? Could it be the firmware update that caused it?

Thanks!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I finally got around to installing firmware update 2.5 and my blu-ray player quit reading CD's. I thought it might be a problem with the red light laser (?) or something, but it still plays DVD's just fine.

I prefer not to play cd's on this machine anyway (soon to be remedied w/ a Marantz cd player), but has anyone else had this problem? Could it be the firmware update that caused it?

Thanks!
It could be the firmware update. Call Panasonic and talk to them about the update. Maybe they are aware of an issue?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How did you do the update? From disc? From Panasonic or downloaded and burned? You might try doing the update again, but if downloaded, I'd re-download and re-burn it.

S

sm31

Audioholic Intern
I don't have a wireless internet connection to the player... that's why I was late on the update. I plugged in a long network cable and selected the "check for firmware update" feature. I wish there was some way to back out the update... I'll call Panasonic and update this thread on whatever information they're able to give me.

Thanks for the replies!!

washburn

washburn

Audioholic
It's not possible on the BD60 to revert back to old FW.
Hope you get to resolve the issue. Did you try a hard reset of the player?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis