Panamax power conditioners

M

markfh

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I am looking at getting a good line conditioner and like the Monster products but also read up a little on this unit.

Anybody have any experience, comments, recommendations?

Thanks...

Mark</font>

S

stiletto pat

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Great inquiry, I'm very interested as well. &nbsp;Are you considering the line conditioner as well as the voltage stabilizer?

Pat</font>

M

markfh

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Yes. &nbsp;I am looking at the Monster AVS2000 for that.

Mark</font>

D

DB_HT

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I can't comment on Panamax products but I can talk to the AVS 2000 voltage regulator and the HTS 5000 MKII line conditioner from Monster Power. &nbsp;

The AVS 2000 works well in my home when either the furnace or central air unit is operating. &nbsp;On average my HT needs 3 to 5 volts to maintain the 120 spec. &nbsp;Now this varies but when I spend $6M on a Sony LCD RPTV I want to ensure the equipment has a long life span. &nbsp;

As for the conditioner, the HTS 7000 is the only way to go if you can afford the steep price. &nbsp;I tested a Rotel RB 1090 by increasing the volume to 90% (no input source) and to my suprise, there was little to no noise. &nbsp;I removed the HTS 7000 to hear exactly what line conditioners are meant to do. &nbsp;Remove unwanted noise and the difference was night and day. &nbsp;My HTS 5000 is much cheaper which resulted in some noise present using the same test. &nbsp;In this case you get what you pay for. &nbsp;

Having said this, there are some people in this forum who will blast you with snake oil statements, right or wrong, but it's my HT and I heard a difference with my own ears, therefore the product was worth the money.

I do believe Monster Power does have scientific data to back up their claims as well. &nbsp;

For what its worth, good luck.

Scott</font>

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I have the HTS 5000 too.  It works as claimed.  But for a line conditioner there are less expensive alternatives.  Check out Furman Power conditioners like the AR1215.  This is a 1u rack mountable line conditioner that maintains 120 VAC +/- 2% or something like that.  Furman also has units priced like the Monster AVS2000, both only hold the voltage to +/- 1%.  The AR1215 is about $400 or less.  Is 1% worth $1200, your call!</font>

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
Furman?

I looked at the furman's and saw the power conditioners but was unable to see any voltage stabilizers? If say you have a deficit of 5 volts and recieving 115 volts max would a volatge stabilizer even help.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've used the Panamax 4300, and replaced it with a 5100 last year. For the price, I like them better than Monster personally. After using the 4300 for years, I wasn't really expecting any difference in my system at all. With audio, there was no improvement that I could identify, but I DID notice a difference with my TV for some reason. It was immediately clear that the CATV signal or the TV's power was better filtered with the 5100.

In either case, check out Power Systems They have good prices and a good selection of both Panamax and Monster. Furman is good too, but not exactly cheap for the nicer models.

If you have good power in your home, and don't live where there is a lot of lightning or brown/blackouts, you probably don't need a conditioner.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis