3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
In my other town, Walmart is basically IT. There pretty much is no other option except grocery stores and their prices are insane. I order from Amazon then :) Best Buy is 20 minutes away and Frys is 1hr. In SJ though, where I am most of the time, Frys is in walking distance :eek:
Amazon would cost me another 5 to 6 bucks in shipping.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Amazon would cost me another 5 to 6 bucks in shipping.
I have Prime. Stuff like that is free 2 day shipping, and if preordered, arrives on release day guaranteed.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have Prime. Stuff like that is free 2 day shipping, and if preordered, arrives on release day guaranteed.
I'm merely stating why I go to Walmart for new BluRay releases. Its by far the cheapest alternative in town for me.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
What a ride that was. Talk about a movie meant for a PJ and reference level playback.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm merely stating why I go to Walmart for new BluRay releases. Its by far the cheapest alternative in town for me.
I understand and I do go there too, simply because it is pretty much the only place in my town to go in my town too. They basically put a few of the smaller local stores out of business by undercutting their pricing. The other side of that is that they did create a number of jobs for such a small town thus supporting the local economy, but now we practically have no choice but to go there for some things, and I think that's part of what Darien was talking about.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I understand and I do go there too, simply because it is pretty much the only place in my town to go in my town too. They basically put a few of the smaller local stores out of business by undercutting their pricing. The other side of that is that they did create a number of jobs for such a small town thus supporting the local economy, but now we practically have no choice but to go there for some things, and I think that's part of what Darien was talking about.
That along with the fact that they pay notoriously low wages and have the highest number of employees in the country that are collecting public assistance because Walmart doesn't pay enough for them to live on. :mad:

Daily Kos: Walmart: America's real 'Welfare Queen'#

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Threw this one in last night to see how good the 3D was. New reference material. Freaking amazing 3D on this one. I read the article saying that DelToro spent a lot of extra time on this one, and considering it is CONVERTED 3D, it is quite amazing as it looks as good as anything I've seen so far. I paid a little less attention to the audio, but there was a lot of activity and a lot of LFE.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Threw this one in last night to see how good the 3D was. New reference material. Freaking amazing 3D on this one. I read the article saying that DelToro spent a lot of extra time on this one, and considering it is CONVERTED 3D, it is quite amazing as it looks as good as anything I've seen so far. I paid a little less attention to the audio, but there was a lot of activity and a lot of LFE.
I didn't get to test the 3D, but the 2D looked awesome on the PJ and the audio track just begged for loud as sh!t playback. Lots of surround content, lots of LFE, without sounding like it was run overly hot IMO. I'm sure the story had weak points, but I was having so much fun with the eye candy and the wall shaking sound effects, plus monsters VS robots that it really didn't matter :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
No 3d here, but looking forward to the LFE output. Glad you guys liked it. Mine should arrive Mon or Tues.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Rented it last night ... giant Robots vs Monsters = very entertaining! :)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I bought the 2D version because converted 3D usually sucks. Now I'm thinking I might have made a mistake.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I bought the 2D version because converted 3D usually sucks. Now I'm thinking I might have made a mistake.
When I saw that it was converted I almost got the 2D, but the review said DelToro is totally sold on 3D now and it said he made sure it was done right. From the review:
Straight from the mouth of del Toro: "For action, adventure and genre cinema, I'm now a converted fan of 3D. I asked [Legendary Pictures] for the complete control of the 3D. I asked them for forty weeks or so to get the 3D conversion -- it usually takes just eight to twelve weeks -- and they agreed. As I'm a complete control freak, we achieved a 3D conversion that I think people will be very happy with it. It's now my favorite format for the vision of this movie, but I don't think 3D is for every film. If you can watch Pacific Rim in 3D, make sure to watch it that way."

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched the 2D version last night. Picture quality is outstanding and the surrounds were put to good use. I thought this flic would have a hot bass track In keeping with the nature of the film but I ended up having to turn up the bass. I liked this film but I like the Transformer series better. I was somehow disappointed with this film and I'm glad I didn't pay to watch it in the theater. Maybe a 2nd go around will change my outlook of it. I may be the only person on this thread to have a luke warm reception of it. *shrugs* It is what it is.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That's odd, it definitely doesn't have a track in which you should have to turn up the bass. By all accounts, an IMAX viewing was more than worth the money so long as you went in knowing what you were getting.

I watched the 2D version last night. Picture quality is outstanding and the surrounds were put to good use. I thought this flic would have a hot bass track In keeping with the nature of the film but I ended up having to turn up the bass. I liked this film but I like the Transformer series better. I was somehow disappointed with this film and I'm glad I didn't pay to watch it in the theater. Maybe a 2nd go around will change my outlook of it. I may be the only person on this thread to have a luke warm reception of it. *shrugs* It is what it is.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Are some scenes on the bluray Imax like Dark Knight?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis