Outlaw Audio Model 5000 thoughts?

W

wings

Enthusiast
Maybe I should have posted this in the neophyte forum, but I'm considering the Outlaw Audio Model 5000 amp to drive my Emp Tek R55TiR front L/R, R56CiR center channel, and R55WiR surrounds. My receiver is a Denon AVR-X3100, and my sub is an HSU Research VTF-3 MK5 HP. This is my first "decent" system so to my newbie ears it already sounds great, but I'm interested in thoughts from Model 5000 owners or those that have had the chance to review this amp. How would you characterize the change in sound quality as compared to driving all 5 channels with the receiver only? Is there any reason not drive all 5 channels through the Model 5000 as opposed to driving the surrounds with the receiver? Sorry for the newbie questions, but I'm interested in your input. Thanks!

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Maybe I should have posted this in the neophyte forum, but I'm considering the Outlaw Audio Model 5000 amp to drive my Emp Tek R55TiR front L/R, R56CiR center channel, and R55WiR surrounds. My receiver is a Denon AVR-X3100, and my sub is an HSU Research VTF-3 MK5 HP. This is my first "decent" system so to my newbie ears it already sounds great, but I'm interested in thoughts from Model 5000 owners or those that have had the chance to review this amp. How would you characterize the change in sound quality as compared to driving all 5 channels with the receiver only? Is there any reason not drive all 5 channels through the Model 5000 as opposed to driving the surrounds with the receiver? Sorry for the newbie questions, but I'm interested in your input. Thanks!
see: http://www.audioholics.com/amplifier-reviews/outlaw-5000

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have not heard it, but read that review from Gene, and look at the specs.

If I were in the market for a 5 Channel amp right now, this would be at the very top of my list.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis