tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
I'm resurrecting a plan I initially had at the beginning of Covid to replace my Jamo outdoor speakers, which ended up lasting a lot longer than I expected but they have bit the dust now. I'm considering the Ken Ventura6 and the Paradigm Stylus 370, but not locked in to either if there are better recommendations. These are placed against the back wall of my home in a covered patio setting. Listening style here is mostly background music while relaxing on the couch or in the hot tub but also want to support the occasional party. Driven by a Speakercraft distributed amp mostly using a Sonos port as a streamer.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
I have a pair of Polk 2 way speakers in my hot tub room and they sound OK. Got a 2.1 Outdoor system with Sonance speakers that look like rocks that I’m waiting to put outside when it gets warm enough. Can you get the speakers from a dealer that will take returns and try them to see if they meet your needs.

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
I have a pair of Polk 2 way speakers in my hot tub room and they sound OK. Got a 2.1 Outdoor system with Sonance speakers that look like rocks that I’m waiting to put outside when it gets warm enough. Can you get the speakers from a dealer that will take returns and try them to see if they meet your needs.
That’s probably a good idea. I guess I could audition them just by setting them up on an outdoor table close to their eventual mounting spot

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
FWIW I've been happy with my Dayton IO655s. Something like 9 years now outside (with the protection of eaves overhanging). I also picked up these but haven't used them yet https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jbl-control-x-review-indoor-outdoor-speaker.24852/. Can't see spending as much as those Kefs or Paradigms myself.....
The KEFs are on Amazon at $379/pair right now, which seems like a great deal, I just don’t have a local dealer so can’t audition them

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The KEFs are on Amazon at $379/pair right now, which seems like a great deal, I just don’t have a local dealer so can’t audition them
What dealer hangs them outside for a demo?

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
For outdoors, I use JBL control 29AV and 2 JBL SB2210 subs. I can really crank it and get over 100dbs on the furthest part of the patio area for parties. They’re all outdoor rated and I routinely wash them by hosing them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis