G

Gmanhill

Audiophyte
I need advice on establishing a simple outdoor system. I would like to set up a 2-speaker outdoor system controllable with my iTouch (iPod). I would like to buy a receiver to drive either (A speakers) my living room speakers (3.1) or (B Speakers) my outdoor speakers. I would like the receiver to have wifi internet and be able to "stream" (?) music to the receiver. I already have a pair of Bose 151 Environmental speakers and am thinking of an Onkyo NR626 Receiver. Ideas?

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Any receiver that has WiFi and 'Zone' capabilities will meet your needs for speaker selection and media streaming. Since you mentioned iPod, look for AirPlay ready to make the streaming part a hassle free setup. On Zone capabilities, specifically confirm if streaming media can be routed to Zone 2.

There is a notional belief that Onkyo's are on the lower side of reliable. Thought all receivers should be well ventilated, there is some anecdotal correlation between setting up an Onkyo with insufficient ventilation and high failure rate (more than other receivers setup without adequate ventilation).

G

Gmanhill

Audiophyte
Thanks much for the advice. Are there receivers in the $500 range that might serve me better than the Onkyo?

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Without knowing your main speakers and listening habits, a zone 2 controlled in the manor you described is limited. The denon x4 series will allow what your looking for.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis