Outdoor Music Options

J

jgaepi

Enthusiast
So I got the new Denon 2113ci up and running. So I am happy about that. New question is over playing music outside on Monoprice 30W exterior speakers. Options are Zone 2 with the 6th and 7th speaker outputs, approx. 120 ft of 12gauge wire, pop out the back and into the speakers. Or, getting a really, really, really small secondary 2 channel amp (cause I don't have any space left) and then 120ft of 12g wire. Or getting a waterproof 2ch receiver and then a short distance of wire.

For a secondary indoor-rated av receiver, I saw a Pyle Home or Dayton audio system. Or, not sure if it is feasible, I already have the JBL wireless speaker extender (WEM-1) which I don't use anymore that has RCA pre amp inputs - but problem is that there will have to be a wireless connection and then not sure if it can handle a 120ft run of cable on the receiver's end. To clarify, on WEM-1 option, RCA input from Denon into input side of WEM-1, wireless stream to output unit (essentially parked right next to each other), then running 120ft of cable through the attic and outside to exterior speakers. Lastly, I saw a TIC Amp 10 waterproof receiver as a third option.

So lots of options, not sure which is best. Luckily all options seem to be under $100 which is nice. And then I already own the JBL WEM-1.

Any recommendations? Ultimate goal for outside is to be able to play music off a cd or itunes on the two cheap outdoor speakers and keep everything simple and waterproof.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Just run zone 2,
its quiet easy and sounds great,
i have a Yamaha amp running 7.1 and zone 2

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Is your AVR capable of two or three zones?

Are you good with just your main zone and one zone outside?

I would also just run the second zone from the AVR option. I do this and control everything with a Niles IR system.

J

jgaepi

Enthusiast
Thing for me is I may want to use the zone 2 inside eventually with speakers 6 and 7 in the kitchen and then speakers 8 and 9 outside so I prob just need a sep tiny amp that I can plug my iPhone into outside. The beauty of options.

Just run zone 2,
its quiet easy and sounds great,
i have a Yamaha amp running 7.1 and zone

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I would look into a apa15 and then a monoprice speaker selector, with separate volume controls... otherwise I dont understand how you are going to run all them off 1 set of outputs...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I like the apa150 much more than the small class t, I own both... If you are putting a demanding load on the amp the 150 is the way to go, that class t 100 is soft when it comes to running it for long periods of time or on tough to run speakers {or even mild loads}, my son is using the 100 rite now for a pair of b652s and it works well... Now that the apa150 is not on sale the t makes a little more sense, but I still like the 150 even at $159...

J

jgaepi

Enthusiast
Two questions, is there a tiny amp that can take an iPod input and I can prob use any of these independently vice a second zone off my primary denon?

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
You can use something like the Audiosource A100 which has 2 analog inputs. Run one input off the Denon Zone 2 preouts and to the second connect a RCA to headphone plug cable. The latter can be used with the iPod or any device with a headphone connection.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis