ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
I am looking for ideas for an amp to power my outdoor speakers. I would like something that I can power my 'zone 2' from my receiver and be able to be controlled via wireless device.

I have looked at this device. Are there any other options that i should look at before going this route. I am thinking that an amp controlled via WiFi might be advantageous...

Help?

FYI, this unit my be required to survive a Canadian winter...:eek:

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Dunno, but that "4 X 5 watts peak power" spec would put me off.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
This marine amplifier looks promising, but it doesn't have wifi capabilities. Wouldn't that be handled by your primary receiver as the source for Zone 2 though? Or are you looking to be able to power the amp off and on wirelessly?

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I am looking for ideas for an amp to power my outdoor speakers. I would like something that I can power my 'zone 2' from my receiver and be able to be controlled via wireless device.
Why cannot you use the Denon to power them? Which speakers are you using and how far are they located?

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
I cannot use the denon to power them, the amp assign speaker jacks are used for the back speakers in the HT.

I used to use the zone 2 pre outs from the denon to source for an external amp. That amp has become unreliable.

I was thinking to replace it with something that was a bit easier to use (wife and kids). Maybe I am stuck with a simple amp and better wifi coverage! (preferrably something that isn't always powered)

Last edited:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I used to use the zone 2 pre outs from the denon to source for an external amp. That amp has become unreliable.
Just replace this amp because...

The Denon can be controlled over WiFi using the free app. Have you tried this? Depending on your signal, you may just need a WiFi extender outside.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Cool, the Denon remote app says my receiver isn't compatible....

I can control it from the device web page though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis