our current mcintosh rig

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Nice setup there HFH. But those amps look a little small. And only 1200 wpc? You need bigger amps.:D I bet that's one sweet sounding system. Congratulations.
I agree,the 1,200 watts isnt enough:D once the Mc2KW amps start showing up used i'll have to grab a pair.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I kinda like the "retro" look. What I can't get by is the price?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
As oposed to the beautifly styled mass market gear that all looks no different sitting in the rack than a vcr,or amplifier manufacturers who's idea of "style" is a plain black face:rolleyes:

To each his own i guess.
Style is very subjective; just like art. I like the futuristic, sleek, plain, black face look.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Friggen computer

Ive been trying to load pics of my new listening room half the damm day & this stupid Dell computer wont let me,the thing crashed last week & i had to do a total restore now i cant load any pics from floppy disc.

Dell support wants me to pay then $45 before they will even talk to me because im out of warrenty,i aint payin.

I can allready see that this things gonna end up getting beat with a golf club:mad:

I'll get it fixed or smash it to bits & buy a new computer,either way i'll be uploading new pics soon.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I got it now.

Since buying the new house i gave in to the wife & scaled down the main system,this is the current system,the set up is more for WAF than sound.:rolleyes:

With the main system scaled down im left with a bunch of gear that i can put together another dedicated listening room in the basement using the JBL'L250-TI's that ive got,that will be a winter time project.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
didn't think you were the type to play games. :)

killer killer looking amps btw :eek:

you realize your amps are bigger than your front speakers :eek:
(how much do amps like that cost? what power rating?)

dilznoofus

dilznoofus

Audioholic Intern
There is no equipment made by anyone, anywhere, any when that presents better than McIntosh.

It would also appear we have similar tastes in music, if your displayed artwork is any guide to what you play.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
didn't think you were the type to play games. :)

killer killer looking amps btw :eek:

you realize your amps are bigger than your front speakers :eek:
(how much do amps like that cost? what power rating?)
Hi Mike,i like to play RPG's if i can find one that interests me,i also like shooter/war games,the game on the screen is Resistance-Fall of man for the PS3,my favorite was the Legacy of Kain & Soul Reaver vampire series for PS2.

The amps are 1,200 watts each at any ohmage & can handel peaks of 5,000 watts,they would of cost $22,000 for the pair had i bought them new,i watched & waited on Audiogon for over 2 years for a killer deal on a pair to pop up,i got this pair for $8,500,i love it when super rich people get upgraditis:D

Right now the system is strictly 2.1 channel & little Mcintosh XL1's that are in front are not in use,i have another pair of them that i have to get around to hooking up for rears,once i get that done i can hook it all up to the processor using the HT Pass through on my preamp & have both a 2.1 & 5.1 in the same system.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
There is no equipment made by anyone, anywhere, any when that presents better than McIntosh.

It would also appear we have similar tastes in music, if your displayed artwork is any guide to what you play.
Thanks for the compliment,as for music i like pretty much everything but my preference is Jazz, Fusion Jazz & blues but i do like Classic rock & Heavy Metal too ,along with an occasional trip into the more exotic & less heard stuff like David Allen Coe or Blowfly.

Of course Frank Zappa is my alltime favorite of any style:D.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
:eek:

last time I checked my super rich meter ... $8,500 was way up there :eek:

very very worth it still. one day, I'll get me one of those ... new! :rolleyes: :D

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
:eek:

last time I checked my super rich meter ... $8,500 was way up there :eek:
LOL, yeah, I agree there...
I totally didn't take you for a gamer at all... and those macs are seriously sweet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis