Optoma H31 and XBox 360 . ...

S

Smoker_98

Audioholic Intern
Ok so I bought the 360, then got interested in projectors. I jumped on the H31 as I picked it up with a 3 year lamp warrenty for ~700. What would be the best way to hook It since it wont do true HD. Should I use the compnent cables or the standard video input? This will be used for my dvd viewing as well. I have it hooked up in high def mode on the x-box now and it seems to be kinda pixelated through the H31. Im kinda of kicking myself now as I should have gotten the H70, but it wasn't really in the spotlight at the time of my purchase. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

B

bflat

Enthusiast
I have that same projector, but no xbox 360. The best way to connect to the projector is with component cables. Feed it a widescreen 480p signal so it can operate at native resolution. I am sure that the 360 has a setting for 480p output since even my PS2 does.

bflat

S

Smoker_98

Audioholic Intern
I've been doing alot of research and I read in the review of the H31 on this site that if you feed in a HD signal via the DVI port you can increase the pixels. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

H31 = 480p. You want to feed it a 480p signal for best quality. It will handle higher resolutions, but it will have to scale it back down to 480, so set the Xbox to 480p and skip a step.

S

Smoker_98

Audioholic Intern
I know the resolution is 480p but if you set the 360 to 720p it looks MUCH better with real no noticable drawbacks. It dosent seem to have any effect besides a much sharper picture. I think I'm just going to calibrate it with the 360 set a 720p and leave it be. Another question though; with my HD dish network reciever there is a HDMI output. If I got a HDMI to DVI cable would that be similar to the editors note in your review of achieving extra pixels? Im just getting my feet wet into the hd side of things and will be getting a true hd projector in the near future.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis