Oppo BDP-83 What price do you want to pay?

jcilforever

jcilforever

Audioholic
What price do you want to pay? Lets give feedback of the price we belive is fair.

A. $599
B. $499
C. $399
D. name your price

S

septim

Audioholic
$399 I would go for it. Anything else and I'll stick with my trusty PS3.

jcilforever

jcilforever

Audioholic
Wow you must own the company:D we will have to peg you as the CEO or Sales manager for OPPO:D

D

DaveHo

Audioholic
Since the EAP price was $499, I think it would be suicide for them to raise the price for the official release. If I had no interest in SACD & DVD-A, I'd stick with my BDP-S350 at any of the listed prices. Taking into consideration that I will be using this for SACD & DVD-A, I'm willing to pay the premium over other BD players. I'm fine with the $499 price.

-Dave

E

egreen1976

Junior Audioholic
$399 makes it a no brainer. $599 is a no go for me!

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Agreed. I want this player. At $399, I will buy it. At $499, I will hem and haw and possibly buy it, but start to consider other players. At $599, I will buy a different player.

cheers,
supervij

D

drk98

Audiophyte
Oppo Bdp83

I think the $499.00 would be the right price!;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What price do I want to pay? Free. :D

I'd pay $300 for it. I'm not saying that it's not worth more, but I won't be buying into it until that tech hits $300 or under.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldn't mind getting one for $400, but I want Oppo to make money as well. If they don't make money, they won't continue to produce such high quality/value products.

C

ChunkyDark

Full Audioholic
400 or less and it's a lock. Buy it as soon as it's available.
500 would probably still get it, but would wait and see how all the new players coming out this spring stack up.
600+ would definitely buy another player as SACD and DVD-A have little interest for me.

As a side note I would like to see them release a three tiered system of players like their standard DVD players.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The SACD and DVD-A capability are the main reason why this player is the one I am after. I agree, if the price is too high, I already have a good universal SD player for those formats so I probably would just pick up a new Panny. It would be really nice to have just one player for these formats for me since I only have one set of preamp inputs and no HDMI.

D

DaleAV

Full Audioholic
It's amazing the people that will spend upwards of a grand for a Pioneer or Denon...but that aside, I think the Oppo as it stands, would be a steal at $400 considering the top Panasonics, Sonys, without SACD/DVD-A sell for that. $450-500 is still reasonable. Over $500 and yes, I too might think of an alternative, but what alternative would that be?

Any ideas? Seriously, tell me an alternative that does the same and is built as well, and supported as well, for less money and I will gladly start looking at it.

Last edited:
S

septim

Audioholic
I was looking to buy a standalone for awhile now. I was thinking the Pioneer 51. Then I settled on the Oppo.

Now that Logitech is rolling out an adapter for their Harmony remotes, I am seriously considering just sticking with the PS3. Sure the upscaler is not the best but I rarely ever watch regular DVDs anymore. Its also an amazing media hub.

My next upgrade might turn out to be the heavily rumored Sony mega-changer.

D

DaleAV

Full Audioholic
One consideration is if you need analog multichannel outputs. If the 83 is successful, it does not take too much imagination to envision a digital only model and priced accordingly.

jcilforever

jcilforever

Audioholic
On Message

Ok guys I really do appreciate all of the feedback lets try and keep the conversation about price. Did not want to create another Oppo thread.

What would you pay for the new Oppo BDP-83

A. $599
B. $499
C. $399
D.Name your price

Hipnotic4

Hipnotic4

Full Audioholic
Im pretty sure at 400 they will still make a nice profit.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis