Oppo 203 4k dvd player

D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
Excellent condition no issues! Upgrading to the 205. No trades. Pickup in Arizona or will ship. $800.
IMG_1043.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Excellent condition no issues! Upgrading to the 205. No trades. Pickup in Arizona or will ship. $800.
Curious, what killer deal do you have for the 205 or what particularly do you hope to gain from the 205?...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Will be purchasing one one I sell my 203. Better dacs and audio video.
Better specs perhaps, any definitive audibility or viewing difference, meh. You still use analog out from the Oppo?

D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
I tried to upload photos but says I can’t right now due to server.

D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
Got a picture? of the unit front and back? is it in good working conditioning? How old is it? Will it play 4K Blu-ray? Going Google that model now. Let me know.
Got a picture? of the unit front and back? is it in good working conditioning? How old is it? Will it play 4K Blu-ray? Going Google that model now. Let me know. Okay Yes it does play 4K UHD with Dolby Vision. It came out in 2017 if you got it that year, close to 6 years old.

Why are you asking close to $250 more than what it sold for new at $549.00? Back in 2017. You do realize that Electronics depreciate pretty fast after the first year especially once it's out of warranty. So, at today's Market value, plus depreciation depending on the condition of the unit after inspected and played.

So $549.00 X 60 % of $600.00 (-10%) for each year. I threw in 9% tax to help you out on your end. So comes to, $600 dollars X 60 % on a New Oppo 203( -) 6 years from the original manufactured date, $360.00 (-) that from $600.00 dollars comes to... $240.00. about actual market value. A Pawn-Shop wouldn't even buy or even let you pawn it.

New car drops about 20% the first year In market value depending on the model and make. Electronics close to that probably a little more depending on what you have on electronics so 10% is lite. Try selingl it on say, one of those app sites Offer Up or Facebook, Craigslist. Really though you get an offer say 75-200 jump on it.
View attachment 64410

Attachments

D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
Go look up anyway what these are selling for $1000 or so.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Got a picture? of the unit front and back? is it in good working conditioning? How old is it? Will it play 4K Blu-ray? Going Google that model now. Let me know. Okay Yes it does play 4K UHD with Dolby Vision. It came out in 2017 if you got it that year, close to 6 years old.

Why are you asking close to $250 more than what it sold for new at $549.00? Back in 2017. You do realize that Electronics depreciate pretty fast after the first year especially once it's out of warranty. So, at today's Market value, plus depreciation depending on the condition of the unit after inspected and played.

So $549.00 X 60 % of $600.00 (-10%) for each year. I threw in 9% tax to help you out on your end. So comes to, $600 dollars X 60 % on a New Oppo 203( -) 6 years from the original manufactured date, $360.00 (-) that from $600.00 dollars comes to... $240.00. about actual market value. A Pawn-Shop wouldn't even buy or even let you pawn it.

New car drops about 20% the first year In market value depending on the model and make. Electronics close to that probably a little more depending on what you have on electronics so 10% is lite. Try selingl it on say, one of those app sites Offer Up or Facebook, Craigslist. Really though you get an offer say 75-200 jump on it.
View attachment 64410
Your calculation is right for electronics in generally. Here you are talking about one of the best blu-ray players ever made, which now are discontinued. If you would look for ebay sold listings, you see that these players sell for 350-1000$.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Here you are talking about one of the best blu-ray players ever made,
It all comes down to supply and demand, Very few are listed on the used / 2nd hand market. And when they do they don't last long.

As for price, Your idea of $1000 is just a very bad joke, Try three times that, and a model with all the options, , Well one sold on a European site, for close to 6000 Euro's.

as I said supply and demand

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
It all comes down to supply and demand, Very few are listed on the used / 2nd hand market. And when they do they don't last long.

As for price, Your idea of $1000 is just a very bad joke, Try three times that, and a model with all the options, , Well one sold on a European site, for close to 6000 Euro's.

as I said supply and demand
I'm not sure what you are referring to with your price as 203 is right now available on ebay for 500-1000$ and even 205 is under 2000$.

I see you gleaned a deleted comment, mod privileges or assist no big deal.

Was in bed around 1 am that comment was deleted and shut down my
PC.

Quote from your comment "players sell for 350-1000$."

I deleted my comment for that fact it wasn't a Factual based comment. Didn't want that comment to hinder.
OP potential sale.

What is Your point of reposting a comment that was deleted, still doesn't remove the fact that that video player is close to 6 years old. His asking price doesn't make it any better than a new player that comes with warranty of a 1 year or more. Used comes with risk. At the very least buying new still comes with risk but there's warranty a year or two or more.

@tyhjaarpa at my request: I ask that you delete my comment that you gleaned and reposted on OP's thread.

As another AH member stated @lovinthehd " Good luck with that, but you just might make yourself"
happier :)

His best option would be to post it up on eBay and auction it off. May get more than his asking price here on AH.
Your message is still up in the topic, not deleted.

Age is not a concern in some products, even electronics. You can find many old amplifiers too, that have gone up in price a lot due to their high demand. People who look to buy used are aware of the risk, but are still willing to pay the market price regardless if it has gone up or down.

What lovinthehd mean't is good luck with the upgrade, not with selling the used unit.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What lovinthehd mean't is good luck with the upgrade, not with selling the used unit.
Actually I meant good luck for expecting the 205 to provide "better" audio/video than a 203. I have a 203, considered a 205 but couldn't justify it. He should have no problem selling....seems someone here on AH sold a pair of 203s not all that long ago and seem to remember he got $1100-1200 each?

D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
Got my asking price. Picking up my 205 tonight or tomorrow local.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis