Opinions on Sunfire subs?

J

jamie2112

Banned
Bloom Blap

I was looking at Sunfire subs a few years back. My personal experiance was and is not favorable to the Sunfire. I found it to sound like a floppy car stereo sub. Not tight and very very blubbering sounding. I would really consider something else as there are a ton of great subs from SVS and HSU that in my personal opinion sound much better than the Bob Carver sub. IMO of couse. For the price of a Carver you could have 5 DIY perfect Kappa subs with amps.....

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
I was looking at Sunfire subs a few years back. My personal experiance was and is not favorable to the Sunfire. I found it to sound like a floppy car stereo sub. Not tight and very very blubbering sounding. I would really consider something else as there are a ton of great subs from SVS and HSU that in my personal opinion sound much better than the Bob Carver sub. IMO of couse. For the price of a Carver you could have 5 DIY perfect Kappa subs with amps.....
Thanks for your input.

Im not looking for big heavy gunner subs though like an Ultra from SVS. The reason i looked at the sunfire was for sheer size. The newer sunfires are supposed to be pretty good though. I won't be paying retail so i have no worries as far as that goes.

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
I've also been looking at the Velodyne Optimum-12, i just wonder how they would compare against each other..::hmmm pondering::

H

Harrison476

Junior Audioholic
Thanks. what about the rythmik???? subs

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
+1, I was very pleased with my time I spent with Rythmik DS-15, articulate and plenty of output...

Price is not bad either...

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I think the Sunfire True subs have impressive sound quality and output for their size. The 13" cube size makes it very easy to hide and keep a wife happy, but still provides great boom for the movies.

For the ultra-compact subwoofers, I still think Sunfire is king.

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the comments guys, i appreciate the alternatives.

For me though i can still get the sunfire cheaper than the Rythmic and it has a much smaller footprint.

I've also considered the Velodyne Optimum-12...i wonder how it would compare and match up against the Sunfire...

Matt34

Matt34

Thanks for the comments guys, i appreciate the alternatives.

For me though i can still get the sunfire cheaper than the Rythmic and it has a much smaller footprint.

I've also considered the Velodyne Optimum-12...i wonder how it would compare and match up against the Sunfire...
An alternative to the Sunfire if your looking at the ultra-compact subs is the Velodyne SLR-800r which I should be receiving sometime this week. You can find it for a substantial discount now that it's been discountinued.

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
Being that these subwoofers have dual subs. Would there low extensions be better than the Jl audio fathoms F112?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis