U

Unregistered

I was wondering if anyone could help me decide between the Onkyo LS-V955 home theater system sold at several different places or the HK/JBL system which is only put together for H.H.Gregg. This system includes the HK AVR230 paired with the JBL-CP10 speakers. Im not sure about the #'s for the JBL combination, but thats what I was told. I will be using the system in conjunction with the Hitachi 51S715. I've listened to both of them, and they both sound great. The Onkyo lists for $999 at Circuit City, while the HK/JBL combo is on sale for $899 at H.H.Gregg. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Granville Colvin

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
I've never heard either system (have heard the lower end Onkyo HTIBs). Having said that, the lower end ones did sound nice. However, the general rule is that getting speakers from a speaker manufacturer will turn out better than from a predominantly electronic manufacturer. And, the H/K AVR230 is a nice receiver. I'd have to listen to both before I made a decision, but going at it "blindly", I'd choose the HHGreggs combo.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis