Onkyo TXNR906 problems

H

huff

Enthusiast
My 906 has problems picking up a signal on cab/sat after the unit has been shut off. sometimes I have to shut it off and on several times before it will pick up a signal.

Also does anyone know if an I phone will play music via the usb port on the front of the reciever.

Thanx Huff

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Is this a new problem or an ongoing issue? Are you using HDMI cables?

It could be a 'handshake' issue between the sat receiver and the Onkyo. Check the connection to make sure the connecting cable isn't bent at an awkward angle and fits well.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Is it with every source or just one? Has anything changed, the cable box for example? Do you have the 906 upconverting the signal or just passing it through?

H

huff

Enthusiast
Its actually been doing it ever since I bought it. I should of took it in while under warranty but it never worked out. I think the 906 is upconverting the signal,how do you set it up to just pass through. I am using HDMI cables. I've tried lots of different hdmi cables it doen't seem to make a difference.

You can tell when its going to get a signal when cycling on and off when the big onkyo text pops up on the TV screen. when you get a signal on one source you will get it on all sources.

Thanx

Huff

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
My 906 could be noisy (click click) and took forever to changes sources if I had up-conversion is on. Menus 1.1 and 4.4 have resolution settings. 4.4 can be set for each source. I set them to "through" because the change over was so slow and loud. Just changing channels from an SD channel to a HD channel took forever. FWIW the 809 that I bought to replace it in the family room is super quick and smooth due to newer better technology, but my 906 is still soldiering on in the bedroom.

I would try setting it to through just to eliminate one possibility.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Check it all through thoroughly, and be aware that Onkyo are having serious problems with the HDMI boards of their current crop of receivers.

F

Fanboyz

Audiophyte
I have a 906. 3 years no problems- but I have heard the stories and live in fear… constant fear.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis