Onkyo TX-SR805 vs. Pioneer VSX-91TXH

B

bokeh

Audiophyte
Hey everyone. I wonder if you could help me out.

I am split between these two. So far i have not seen a definitive review as to how each sounds. I have read numerous forums about the 805 but they all degenerate into squabbles over heat, and nitpicking.

Both of these are roughly the same price with the same connectivity when it comes to the new HD sources. The Onkyo having the THX Ultra 2 and weighing at twice that of the Pioneer.

How bad is that sound delay I keep hearing about?

So then you see my problem. Whats the best buy when it comes to performance?

J

johsti

Audioholic
I've always bought Pioneer, but the new Onkyo receivers look very good. I've heard neither one, but Onkyo would get my money on specs alone.

D

deftech

Junior Audioholic
Hey everyone. I wonder if you could help me out.

I am split between these two. So far i have not seen a definitive review as to how each sounds. I have read numerous forums about the 805 but they all degenerate into squabbles over heat, and nitpicking.

Both of these are roughly the same price with the same connectivity when it comes to the new HD sources. The Onkyo having the THX Ultra 2 and weighing at twice that of the Pioneer.

How bad is that sound delay I keep hearing about?

So then you see my problem. Whats the best buy when it comes to performance?
I have the onkyo. I can HIGHLY recommend it. I have had no sync issues. Onkyo hit a home run with this one.

D

dponeill

Junior Audioholic
I sold a Pioneer VSX-82 and replaced it with the 805. I am not unhappy with the choice. I have no idea what everyone is talking about as far as the "sound delay problem" is concerned. I don't have any lip-sync issues with dvd, hd-dvd, or blu-ray. Cable is another story, but I have had issues with that being off from channel to channel with every receiver I have had.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis