j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
605 is the new model, to be released next month, so it is probably correct. From what I read it is also HDMI 1.3

J

jake5717

Audioholic
So do you think this is a good deal for the reciever?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, sounds like a pretty good price considering the 604 is generally $499. That is probably what they will be from internet distributors.

J

jake5717

Audioholic
I have a couple of real N00b questions.

1) Does the HDMI just pass video or does it process the sound through the reciever and pass the video as well?

2) When a reciever says it upconverts does that mean I can use a standard DVD player and get video in 1080?

3) Im I crazy for running all audio through the reciever (TV, DVD, Video games..)?

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
1) Does the HDMI just pass video or does it process the sound through the reciever and pass the video as well?
There are only one or two receivers that I can think of that don't process the audio stream from the HDMI inputs.
2) When a reciever says it upconverts does that mean I can use a standard DVD player and get video in 1080?
Possibly, if the phrase "up converting" is in a retailers add referring to a receiver, it may be referring to transcoding (i.e. sending the video from a composite input out the component video monitor out) rather then scaling (i.e. "up converting"). and you'll only see 1080 if it's your TVs native resolution. ;)
3) Im I crazy for running all audio through the reciever (TV, DVD, Video games..)?
Nope.

H

HDaddict!

Audiophyte
This model does not have 7.1 pre-amp outputs (to attach quality power amplifiers to it). However, it may or may not be a deal breaker for you.

The brochure literature for the 605 seems to indicate HDMI 1.3 and the ability to decode Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio lossless formats from Blu-ray (and... HD-DVD). If your budget is small then I would definitely consider the 605 over the 604. Don't kick yourself.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis