Onkyo tx-nr 808 making me going bonker.

J

jasper08

Audioholic Intern
I just got myself a used Onkyo tx-nr 808. Set it up with my Sony 370 bluray player. Can't get my onkyo to display dolby truhd or dtshd master on its' display. Only thx cinema came on the display. If I press the display button of the onkyo remote control, the onkyo will show the signal as multi channel pcm 5.1 and the FS is 48khz. Have been tweaking with sony 370 and onkyo setting for hours. Still cannot get dolby truhd and dts hd master track.

My Sony 370 setting:
audio(hdmi)-auto
dsd output mode-off
bd audio mix setting-off
dolby digital(coaxial/optical)-dolby digital
dts(coaxial/optical)-dts
dts neo 6-off
audio drc- wide range
Downmix-stereo

Anyone can help me with these problem? I'm going bonker over these matter.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Do you have the two connected with an HDMI cable? If you're using the coax or optical digital audio outputs on the blu-ray player, then you won't be able to transfer Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA via bitstream.

If you are using an HDMI cable, then I'm at a loss without looking through the manuals again. I skimmed them and nothing jumped out at me.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
If pressing 'display' shows multi-channel PCM 5.1 then the player did the decoding of the TrueHD. You are getting the TrueHD (if that is the track you selected from the disc), it's just that the player turned it into multi-channel PCM and not the receiver.

The audio(hdmi) setting you have set to 'auto' may have something to do with it. See if that setting or something similar allows you to choose 'bitstream'.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The audio(hdmi) setting you have set to 'auto' may have something to do with it. See if that setting or something similar allows you to choose 'bitstream'.
It doesn't. Only "Auto" or "PCM."

J

jasper08

Audioholic Intern
Do you have the two connected with an HDMI cable? If you're using the coax or optical digital audio outputs on the blu-ray player, then you won't be able to transfer Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA via bitstream.

If you are using an HDMI cable, then I'm at a loss without looking through the manuals again. I skimmed them and nothing jumped out at me.
Yeah! I had them connected with an hdmi cable. It is a Monster hdmi 300. At first I thought maybe the hdmi cable is at fault. Change another hdmi cable. It is still the same. But,anyway,thanks bro.;)

J

jasper08

Audioholic Intern
If pressing 'display' shows multi-channel PCM 5.1 then the player did the decoding of the TrueHD. You are getting the TrueHD (if that is the track you selected from the disc), it's just that the player turned it into multi-channel PCM and not the receiver.

Like what brader Adam said, I only have two options to choose for audio(hdmi). it is either auto or pcm. I think the auto option should let the sony 370 "bitstream" to the Onkyo. I suspect it is not and only send pcm signal to the Onkyo. Need to send the Sony 370 back to the shop I bought to have it test.:(

audioalan

Audiophyte
570 sony 808 error

Hi I have bluscreen error on last two onkyo 808 patchs worked fine until that.

Nothing wrong with 570 works directly patched to the sony panel, any ideas

satalite not affected just 570

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis