Onkyo Receivers 2008 or 2009

N

Nawlins

Audiophyte
I have narrowed down my choices on AVR.

The 875 - for 1K @ Yahoo.

905 on sale for 1.5k @ local Fry's

or

Should I wait until the new lineup comes out. It seems that heat issue has been addressed however there is the weight question on the new units.....

Whats missing ???

I have a 4ohm load on the frt channels, and would like to take advantage of the 1080p - Panny Plasma.

I have read that the 09 models have the Fajourda chipset, is that a plus or a minus compared to the Reon.

Will the 09 model have "Dynamic" audyssey.

Decisions, Decisions....

Or should I let the 08 Models go down in price when the complete line of 09's come out ???

:eek:

T

tdamocles

Junior Audioholic
I have narrowed down my choices on AVR.

The 875 - for 1K @ Yahoo.

If you don't mind refurbs ecost has the 875 for $735. Ecost seems to be a refurb authorized dealer. I would call ecost just to make sure.....

N

Nawlins

Audiophyte
Upconversion...

I have a TH-50PZ77U 50" Panny Plasma.....

The thing I like about the Onkyos, is the Upconversion from SD sources to 1080P

The thing I do not like is the heat issue, and quirkiness that I've read in some other posts....

Nawlins

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
I have a TH-50PZ77U 50" Panny Plasma.....

The thing I like about the Onkyos, is the Upconversion from SD sources to 1080P

Nawlins
thats what im saying, the panel might be better than the avr;)

N

Nawlins

Audiophyte
Not a good picture...

I would like to see if the Flat Panel can upconvert the Std Def video from my Dishnetwork Receiver.

I currently run my Video using my S-Vhs output from a Std. Def Sat Receiver to my old JVC reciever (the one I am looking to replace) then from my Monitor out S-Vhs jack on the receiver into my Panny, and the picture is spotty.

By doing this am I letting the Plasma upconvert the Std Def, or am I missing out on something here. My thinking is that by replacing the old JVC receiver with the Onkyo that the picture would be tweaked with the on board video processor (Reon) that the AVR has. Additionally I need something that can handle a 4 ohm load in the frt for a 7.1 setup.

Thanks,....

Nawlins :confused:

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Im just saying dont put to much stock into the avrs video proccessing when you have a good display. I would rather feed mine a 480i signal that hasnt been processed thru the avr, it looks much better(on mine) than the signal going say source480i>avr1080p>tv768p.

I would get the receiver that you like and that suits your needs fully. I cant speak for the new model year, but yes some found there to be a heat issue, and with your 4ohm load you may too. IMO most are better off spend less on a avr and getting one to use as pre/pro with outboard amplification. This would enable an active crossover/dsp to be used in the setup for very good room correction and system intergration(as opposed to the onboard eq program) with software like REW These are just some food for thought ramblings..

BTW I grew up off St Charles and Calhoun

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis