Onkyo HT-R393 Home Theater System

M

Mohd

Audiophyte
Hi ...

Guys is there a way to shutdown the Onkyo system and watch the T.V. ?

I know there is the HDMI CEC ( RIHD ), but this feature when in standby mode,the system takes more electricity consumption ?

Thanks ..

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Hi ...

Guys is there a way to shutdown the Onkyo system and watch the T.V. ?

I know there is the HDMI CEC ( RIHD ), but this feature when in standby mode,the system takes more electricity consumption ?

Thanks ..
The manual says, " Supports the HDMI Through function which allows transmission from playback devices to the TV in standby state ". So simply turn on your TV and don't turn on your AVR. You can even watch a DVD w/o turning on the AVR.

If the amount of electricity used by your AVR in standby mode is a problem, simply unplug it.

M

Mohd

Audiophyte
The manual says, " Supports the HDMI Through function which allows transmission from playback devices to the TV in standby state ". So simply turn on your TV and don't turn on your AVR. You can even watch a DVD w/o turning on the AVR.

If the amount of electricity used by your AVR in standby mode is a problem, simply unplug it.
Hi ..
If i unplug the AVR then i can't watch TV since its directly connected to the AVR ?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Hi ..
If i unplug the AVR then i can't watch TV since its directly connected to the AVR ?
If you have everything wired correctly, you can watch TV w/o turning on the AVR.
Your cable/SAT box is wired to the AVR.
Your DVD/BDP is wired to the AVR.
Your AVR is wired to your TV, (via ARC if your TV has it).

"Through function" means your AVR will still pass the cable/SAT/disc signals through the AVR to your TV with your AVR turned off. You'll hear the audio from your TV speaker(s).

If you turn on the AVR, it will take the input signals and process them to your surround speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis