P

Panjsheri

Audioholic
Hey Guys,

I had a few questions about my setup and was wondering if anyone can help me out.

1. I recently got everything connected and love how everything works and sounds but I have heard that the noise that is coming from my cable box, satellite and vcr to dvd copier should be connected directly to my tv and not through the receiver as the sound (Noise and distortion) may damage my speakers???

2. Now in order to do this for my HDPVR do I need to use a component cable for the picture and then maybe red and white for my audio or is there a way to do it using the HDMI but the sound going direct to the TV with the red and white cable???

3. Now if I end up using the component connection from the HDPVR to the receiver and then the red white for the sound will it down convert to 720p or is it still able to produce 1080p???

I know this seems like a lot so any info/ recommendations would be much appreciated!!!!:)

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
First - Nice Receiver!

Hey Guys,

I had a few questions about my setup and was wondering if anyone can help me out.

1. I recently got everything connected and love how everything works and sounds but I have heard that the noise that is coming from my cable box, satellite and vcr to dvd copier should be connected directly to my tv and not through the receiver as the sound (Noise and distortion) may damage my speakers???
I would try to locate the source of the noise and elimante the source. Could be ungrounded connection. You can connect different connections one by one and isolate the exact source of the noise. I would connect everything that I could through my AVR.

2. Now in order to do this for my HDPVR do I need to use a component cable for the picture and then maybe red and white for my audio or is there a way to do it using the HDMI but the sound going direct to the TV with the red and white cable???
You can do that but I would use a single HDMI calble, your 905 supports HMDI 1.3 for audio and picture. You can however only pass vidoe through HDMI, but if you get the noise problem fixed you shouldn't need to do this.

3. Now if I end up using the component connection from the HDPVR to the receiver and then the red white for the sound will it down convert to 720p or is it still able to produce 1080p???
I know this seems like a lot so any info/ recommendations would be much appreciated!!!!:)
Component connections will support 1080p so there shouldn't be any down conversion.

Again, you best bet is to fix the noise problem and connect everything htrough AVR ;) To be clear is the noise problem a low frequency hum or other ?

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Panjsheri

Audioholic
Thx bro I am in love with the receiver too and that helps a lot but it does seem to actually be coming from my HDPVR but not when I am watch HD but when I am watching SD TV. I mean its not like u hear a lot of static u can barely hear it if anything its just that I heard that the noise that is in the line like Cholesterol is bad for u. What do u think??? Is this true???

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis