N

Neijii

Audioholic
Is there that big of a difference between the 6 series and 7 series Onkyos? I have 2 totem Mites and an HSU sub and not sure I'd even notice a difference.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Some differences include the 7 series usually has preouts, a little more power, and uses Audyssey MultEQ instead of 2EQ.

N

Neijii

Audioholic
So to expand..from the 5 to the 6...is there a greater difference between that from the 6 to the 7?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
So to expand..from the 5 to the 6...is there a greater difference between that from the 6 to the 7?
The 7 series is a pretty good step up. Though the 705 was the best in it's series and is better than it's successors because it has AS XT.

D

dalessandro12

Audioholic
I think there is a bigger difference from the 6 to 7. I just bought a 508 and was debating on a 608, but didn't feel a need to spend the extra $100 on it for a few more features (more power, an additional HDMI off the top of my head). The 7 series has preouts if you decide to expand your system (amps, etc.) in the future. I don't think I will need more power than the 5 series and if I do, I can move it to my bedroom and upgrade :D

N

Neijii

Audioholic
Gotcha. I had the 507 and it broke, so I need a new receiver ASAP. I can't afford the 7 series right now, so I'll be going for the 6 series and wanted to make sure that my system can take advtange of it over the 5 series.

I hope I hear a difference in it with the better receiver.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis