W

westcott

Audioholic General
Matt34 said:
I need you to come down here and paint for me.:p I hate painting......
Just be glad that you do not have to put two coats on lugging an 18' ladder.

Last edited:
howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
I wish i would have used a primer. It took almost 4 gallons of to do the walls only 2 for ceiling and trim. Use the blue masking tape. I masked 2 strips of the 2in tape on the wall when doing the ceiling and then reversed it to do the walls. it helped get a good line between the two and I could paint right up to it with the roller and not worry too much. Even though I still had to go around the touch up by hand but not too much. Took over 2 weeks in total and I had the carpet out to get the trim all the way to the bottom.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Ok just arrived not an hour ago is my pj. OH SH?T. That If 777 is a big one. My installer is Ray as in RLA from our own Audioholics Staff. Tomorrow the fur will fly and install begins. I keep walking into the room to see it like Christmas....:D :D :D

W

westcott

Audioholic General
howie85 said:
Ok just arrived not an hour ago is my pj. OH SH?T. That If 777 is a big one. My installer is Ray as in RLA from our own Audioholics Staff. Tomorrow the fur will fly and install begins. I keep walking into the room to see it like Christmas....:D :D :D
The size should make you feel like your got your moneys worth and probably explains why it costs twice as much as my projector which could fit in a large lunch box!

So, did you put a cow bell on RLA so you would know when he was coming?

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
The image will make me feel like I got my money's worth:cool:

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
News Flash, News Flash,

Saturday April 1st 8:00 pm
Local residents of the small town, Fernley NV, were sent scrambling to local fall-out shelters Saturday evening. Numerous large concussions were felt and heard and it was feared that the local nuclear depository had suffered a severe catastrophe. It was later discovered that the source was a local resident playing back the newly released King Kong movie on his recently installed Home Theater system.

When police arrived at the suspect’s house and began questioning him, he admitted that he had had a couple of Heinekens and got a little carried away. The suspect was immediately arrested for reckless endangerment and mischievous conduct and brought before Fernley’s beloved Judge Hammer.

The judge fined the man and ordered the volume control buttons removed from the criminals remote and receiver. A bench warrant has been issued for the home theater installer and he will be featured on the hit show, Fernley’s Most Wanted. In an exclusive interview in a secret location the installer indicated he didn’t like to gamble anyway and would most likely not return to the state for several years.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Operation Sucess

I am pleased to announce as I recline in my chair and type this on my new 106 diag computer monitor that the install was a success. Ray was the absolute professional that I expected him to be and customer service is top notch. I am so glad I went with a real pro for the install of this system, I can report no half *** efforts, no thats good enough, no "nobody will ever notice, its not that bad". Anybody who had done business with local retailers or box stores you probably know what it is like to get ho hum service and someone who only wants to get done and get out of there with little or no concern on the customer satisfaction side of things. This was customer service at its best. Thanks RLA. I can assure the local constable will be voted out off office as soon as I get enough of the local population to come over to see a movie in my ht. I'm sure they will re zone my culdesac for special noise considerations. :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

Matt34

Matt34

Congrats and from the sound of things, job well done Ray!!!

Glenn Kuras

Glenn Kuras

Full Audioholic
Way to go sir... I am glad everything worked out for you.. Guess you did not order to many panels after all! :D
What time should I be over to have a beer?

Glenn

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Im sorry I have not posted the final pics. I have been very busy catching up on watching movies and enjoying the results of my project. Glenn, I need to get with you on something I might use for some corners. I think Ray mentioned this to you. I am absolutely impressed with your panels. For those who are wondering I used GIK sound panels in my room and they perform as advertised and there is no beating the price for sure.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I keep checking back to see the final pictures.

(Foot tapping!!!!!!!!)

Any final thoughts?

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
sorry about the pics. Im having some scheduling issues with the electrician. Im still waiting for my tracks to be installed we are discussing what type of dimmer to install. It is a long time friend who is doing it at very little cost to me so im not pushing it. As far as everything else goes. OUTSTANDING!!! I am absolutely pleased with the IF777. I cant get enough. HD is great, dvd is great. Reg tv is well...reg tv. The sound is great. I gave Ray the basics and he came up with the package and nailed it. I will have to get out of this room someday but I can die happy now...:cool:

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Finally

Ok, Sorry it took so long. I finally got a few pics of the room as it sits. I got the track lighting up, the sound panels are up, PJ and Plaques up etc. I tried to use some remote dimmers and repeaters to handle the lighting but was not happy with them. Im working on a Graffik Eye now. I got a screen shot up for those who want to see the screen. I have to admit im almost jealous of myself for having this..:rolleyes: :p :eek: Many Many thinks to Audioholics for all the hours of reading material to help me make the decisions I made and the most important decision was to contract Ray Adkins to do the install. Quite the professional, really on top of his game. I can not say enough good things about his work, probably some of the best money spent on the entire project. Thanks again Ray.:D :D

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
Nice set-up where did you get those klipsch and dts signs everywhere i find them they look cheap.

Matt34

Matt34

Those GIK panels look real nice in that room! Are the basstraps also GIK, how many panels did you end up using?

I'm going to pick me up some cause like you said, you can't really beat the price, even if you went the DIY route.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Matt, The Bass Trap deep panels are the 4 in the front, one in each corner and 2 under the screen behind the speakers. The rest are the standard 4" panels 12 altogether.
Timbo, I got the plaques from a place in sweden. He has some license to reproduce the dts and dolby. http://www.designbybond.se/index.php
I was initially nervous of sending my money that far away but he came through with flying colors and no damage in shipping all went fine. I got 3 there was a special for free shipping so I asked if he could do Klipsch and he said no problem. He can do more than shown on the site you have to ask specifically.
I just figured where the screen capture goes when I try to capture a screen shot. I'm using a htpc for movies. I will try to get some screen shots up if they look ok. Trying to get them with a digital camera you loose the shadow detail a bit also if there is a lot of movement in the frame it will look blurry.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis