howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
I am revamping my ht room this time finally getting in wall wiring required cutting and repair of sheetrock and such. New equipment all around and sound panels on order. I will post as things get closer but at this time you can see pics of the progress here. New pics added as progress is made.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chowmiller/album?.dir=/6353&.src=ph&.tok=phWpUYEBVfW.1kvG

items on hand
Klipsch Ref 7 fronts
Klipsch Ref 7 center
Klipsch Ref 7 surrounds
Klipsch R 5800 W inwall Rear
Klipsch RSW 15 Sub
Pioneer Elite DV 59avi DVD Player
Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi
Panamax 5510 Pro
Salamander Equip Rack
Acoustic Treatments From Gik acoustic
Da Lite 106" Diag Screen
Panamax Battery Backup Module

What it was
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6974

Last edited:
The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Wow, I can remember being at where you are at now in terms of "progress" and I gotta say it's more fun to be done ;) . That being said, you obviously have a plan for what you want the finished product to look like. I also have a Salamander a/v rack -- how do you like yours? It looks like you have the top off of yours for some reason, did you need to modify it in some way? Anyhoo, keep it up and let me know how that "dts" plaque deal works out.
Regards,
chux

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Hey Chuck, I had backs and doors I was adding to the rack also the rack is a triple 20 with a 10" riser as you know you havet to take the tops off to add anything. I added the doors to the outside 2 bays and left the center open for the best venting. I was going to put the backs on but after putting it back together to see how it looked I might leave the backs off. As you see most of my stuff is out of the room and it is masked for paint. Im getting in there in a few (read few more cups of java) to get started on the ceiling. I put a pic of the colors I choose and how they look with low light. This if my first voyage down this wormhole....I hope I live long and prosper:eek: Im in contact with the Bond man and found some happy customers with his products. I waiting for a email back to finish my order I went with one that compliments my audio equipment I uploaded it to the other pics it is a plaque that has sample on it. Also the DTS ES and Dolby EX ones. I will now have to cancel my order of the other one, they are a couple of weeks out on getting them in so I have plenty of time. I will add notes here when there is anything new to see. Curt

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I am partial to Klipsch so it is a no brainer to tell you that I like your choices.

Have you picked out a projector yet?

I would also suggest considering the Carada products for a screen. Very well made and less money that the major competitors.

What color(s) did you decided on? It looked like grey and burgandy there for a moment.

Congratulations! I remember being where you are and it is a LOT of work. LOTs of details. Don't worry, the pain will be over soon and you will be able to sit back and enjoy a truly amazing home theater.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
More Pics

westcott, Thanks for the kind words. Im still painting....Yes the ceiling is sort of grayish green and the walls are burgandy, im thinking of doing the trim and doors in the ceiling color. The PJ is most likely going to be a InFocus 777 and my screen is a DaLite cinema Contour high contrast 106" diag.
More pics up some paint work getting close and some pics of the sound panels but they are in the spare bdrm for now will get some of them mounted when that time comes.
Curt

Last edited:
howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
few more pics

Well paint is almost done as you can see in the progression the last few pics show most of the trim and the doors painted....whew took a lot of that dark burgandy to get even coverage. Hopefully will have some time during the week to get some more done. Recently started thinking new carpet might be in order...will look into it this upcoming week. Thats all for now, Curt

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Decided new carpet was in order after all this...update when install complete.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
some more posted. The first 3 show completed paint I matched the trim all the way around the baseboard with the same color as the ceiling. The next 3 show the plaques I ordered. They look pretty good but hard to get a good shot without reflections. Hopfully new carpet installed on friday then I get my living room back:eek: :rolleyes:

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
latest, new carpet installed, speakers,salamander rack, screen box, and dvd's moved back into room. Starting to get my living room back:D

Matt34

Matt34

I like your center channel stand....might have to borrow that from ya.;) My CC is sitting less than a foot off the floor atm due to my projector screen blocking it's original position.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
The nice part about the pipe fitting is that I can get any length pipe threaded at the Home Depot if I need to adjust the height. cost about half of most speaker stands I looked at.:cool:

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
T Minus and counting

This is it. Final countdown. All parts are on hand, install scheduled to start sometime this upcoming thursday. PJ will be the IF777. I hope I can sleep sometime this week.:D

Matt34

Matt34

howie85 said:
This is it. Final countdown. All parts are on hand, install scheduled to start sometime this upcoming thursday. PJ will be the IF777. I hope I can sleep sometime this week.:D

Looks really good, like your choice of colors. I've just started painting my room, went with a Behr Rich Mahogany.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
I used the behr website to mix my colors really helpful with the virtual rooms to apply your colors. Helped alot to get the contrast down. I have the paint codes if you would like to test them. I actually went to lowes and used their paint It had good reviews and was a bit cheaper. I would have used a primer if I had it to do over. The burgandy took many coats to get even coverage the ceiling was much easier.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
howie85 said:
That sure is a lot of projector!

You better sleep now because you will not get any after the projector is set up.

Congratulations!

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Thanks Wes, How is your Klipsch demo comin along. Im pretty happy with my rf7s will see how they perform after complete calibration and sound panels mounted properly.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
howie85 said:
Thanks Wes, How is your Klipsch demo comin along. Im pretty happy with my rf7s will see how they perform after complete calibration and sound panels mounted properly.
Have not heard back from the dealer, so that is usually not good news.
Thanks for reminding me. I will call him tomorrow.

It looks like you are getting close.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis