Once again: what are you listening to now?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I stumbled across this guy...Gary Clark Jr who is being harolded as the next Jimi Hendrix. I don't about the Hendrix thing but his "Blak & Blu album is very solid from a rock/blues POV and he's an amazing guitarist with his own style. I highly recommend this album.

I've posted tracks from him up a few times :) I had never heard of him and he was the opening act at the Bridge School Benefit concert. He was awesome live and the album is excellent.

More great stuff:

Last edited by a moderator:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've posted tracks from him up a few times :) I had never heard of him and he was the opening act at the Bridge School Benefit concert. He was awesome live and the album is excellent.

More great stuff:

Maybe it was you that gave me the idea. He's a solid player with his own unique style.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I stumbled across this guy...Gary Clark Jr who is being harolded as the next Jimi Hendrix. I don't about the Hendrix thing but his "Blak & Blu album is very solid from a rock/blues POV and he's an amazing guitarist with his own style. I highly recommend this album.

Bought the MP3 album a while back after someone mentioned him in another forum. Truly talented.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The best thing that I got out of Sinister was some new music. I LOVE this band :) Boards of Canada - electronic/trance/chill Bought two of their albums already. SO mellow.

The track from Sinister:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Sound track from "Maxwell Street Blues" documentary on CD

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
A unique voice with a catchy song. Not an overly popular artist, but you may recognize some of her songs from various tv shows or commercials, they seem to get used for that quite a bit in the US.

[video=youtube;u7aNKstBCM4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u7aNKstBCM4[/video]

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
A local artist, Jenny Dalton, from the Twin Cities area. She has a couple of albums that have been released. Self taught and does some traveling around the midwest for shows. All of the songs from the newer EP are excellent.

[video=youtube;9lUP3DQtdqk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lUP3DQtdqk&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Warning: One use of the f-bomb.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Spocks' Beard "Nocturnes & Dreamless Sleep"..their latest release

Other excerpts from that album...

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall

I really don't know what it is about Alabama Shakes, it's really a type of music I generally don't like at all, but I really like this album.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja

I just ordered this album :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I really don't know what it is about Alabama Shakes, it's really a type of music I generally don't like at all, but I really like this album.
I have the album too and I am not crazy about the whole thing. I LOVE that song though.

Here's a local band I caught while I was doing some work out of town. I was floored. I really want to see them again. Fronted by a brother and sister. Most of their stuff is in French, but that is irrelevant, great stuff. Her vocals are stunning.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I managed to listen to the album last night on vinyl..Still in really good shape despite the amount of plays its been through.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Spock's Beard "Brief Nocturnes & Dreamless Sleep" fantastic album..... reminds me so much of Yes

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis