Once again: what are you listening to now?

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Nine Inch Nails The Downward Spiral Special Edition SACD
Hey J,
I just got that SACD edition last week. My wife wasn't too impressed with it yet, so I said to just wait until I'm in the drum room playing it. She said she'd like it then. I have to be in the mood for NIN, but when I'm in the mood, nothing else comes close to letting it out! I still like Broken as one of my favorite NIN albums.
-Brad

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Schumann's Symphony #2, 1st movement on CD.. Baltimore Symphony, Telarc recording. I don' think this is a very good recording at all which suprises me because of the Telarc label.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's a really strange album - Caravan - Palace. This is sort of a 1920's Parisian jazz on acid, strange electronics, fast paced and with a Django Reinhart/Stephan Grapelli vibe. It has lots of musical jokes and wouldn't be entirely out of place as a performance on the Muppet Show.

B

BWG707

Audioholic
"Polk Salad Annie" by: Tony Joe White
"Ode to Billie Joe" by: Bobbie Gentry
"King of the Road" by: Roger Miller

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hey J,
I just got that SACD edition last week. My wife wasn't too impressed with it yet, so I said to just wait until I'm in the drum room playing it. She said she'd like it then. I have to be in the mood for NIN, but when I'm in the mood, nothing else comes close to letting it out! I still like Broken as one of my favorite NIN albums.
-Brad
I know what you mean. I don't listen to them frequently anymore either the way I used to. Now it is a mood thing. Broken and Fixed (the remixes of Broken :D ) are definitely among my favorites from them. I like all of the albums, and each is sort of a different mood. I was in that mood the day I was listening to it.

Further down the spiral (Halo Ten) was one of my first albums when I was a young teenager exploring music. lol... Great album! :D
I have that one too. A few of them are really good, but I don't like all of the tracks on it. A few of them are included on disc 2 of the SACD set in hires stereo.

Currently listening to: Sliverchair Frogstomp CD

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The Damned - Anything MP3 One of those albums that haunts me. I never get tired of listening to it.

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
"The Spirit Of Radio"

Begin the day with a friendly voice
A companion unobtrusive
Plays that song that's so elusive
And the magic music makes your morning mood

Off on your way, hit the open road
There is magic at your fingers
For the Spirit ever lingers
Undemanding contact in your happy solitude

[Chorus:]
Invisible airwaves crackle with life
Bright antennae bristle with the energy
Emotional feedback on timeless wavelength
Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free

All this machinery making modern music
Can still be open hearted
Not so coldly charted
It's really just a question of your honesty, yeah
Your honesty
One likes to believe in the freedom of music
But glittering prizes and endless compromises
Shatter the illusion of integrity

[Chorus]

For the words of the prophets were written on the studio wall
Concert hall
And echoes with the sounds of salesmen

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Bruckner Symphony #4 on CD. This is my first foray into Bruckner.

Lightspeed Champion on vinyl. Ok, this guy is different.. I thought I was buying a blues album but this so far from the blues. Putting his music aside, this 180gm double vinyl set is amazingly well recorded and I'll pit this album against any CD for recording clarity. I'm flabbergasted at the quality of the recording and sheer silence betweem tracks. Would love to hear this album played on a $2000 turntable.

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - 1st Noel

Fantastic "jazz fusion" group that I just learned about.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Carolina Chocolate Drops - Super cool trio doing old time music.:cool:

Micheal Franti & Spearhead - The Sound of Sunshine - Can warm you up and make you think of summer no matter how cold it is outside.:)

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Tomasz Stanko Quartet "Soul of Things", great jazz. This quartet includes a trio of Polish musicians that stand out on their own, Marcin Wasilewski on piano, Slawormir Kurkiewicz on double-bass and Michal Miskiewicz on drums. Check out their CDs "January" and "Trio" (ECM issues)

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Rediscovered - Bruce Springsteen's Darkness at the Edge of Town. This is really a great album. It has everything that made him an icon in the era and made living in New Jersey a metaphor for something very alive. Racing in the Street is amazing.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

The Infamous Stringdusters - Fork in the Road, the CD. Some of it is on Youtube. These guys are truly excellent, somewhere in between traditional and progressive bluegrass. True virtuosos, they are a pleasure to listen to, even if you're a classical music person. This is the chamber music of America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEVRPrlT3UQ

nooshinjohn

nooshinjohn

Enthusiast
Motley Crue... Shout at the Devil at front-row-center volume level.:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Weezer "Hurley" on CD. What an awful album. What starts as a good song gets absolutely blown out of the water at the chorus. :( This is prevalent throughout the whole album.

Lightspeed Champian "Life Is Sweet, Nice To Meet You" on vinyl. starting to warm up to it but its still "different" . The recording even on vinyl is flawless, even better than Tom Petty's last album on vinyl.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis